And he walked away

BR46

1 minute ago, denniS said:

Holy F**k!!!

Somebody should buy him a beer.

When they were still racing 1000cc bikes in the Daytona 200 Aaron Yates lost the rear tire at 190mph. Aaron was down to around 160 when the bike went out from under him in almost the same way. A few minutes after the crash a news reporter on live TV stuck a microphone in Aaron's face and said....what was it like crashing at that speed?  Aaron calmly said....why don't you just get into my truck and when we get up to 120 just step out 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Maybe I should wear leathers when I ride? I think I still have some downstairs.

Leathers have changed a lot in the last 50 years. The old ones just won't cut it anymore 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Cows are kevlar now.  :) 

Kangaroo leather is used in all the high end suits nowadays. It's lightweight and tougher 

The leathers that I have are cow hide but most of the improvements are in the armor under the leather in the knees, elbows, shoulders and spine. 

1 minute ago, BR46 said:

Kangaroo leather is used in all the high end suits nowadays. It's lightweight and tougher 

The leathers that I have are cow hide but most of the improvements are in the armor under the leather in the knees, elbows, shoulders and spine. 

If he had some silicone skids on his, he would still be sliding! 

The time I hit the deers it was very cold so I had on leather ski gloves instead of bike gloves which would not have been warm enough. I don’t have any memory of what happened after I hit the first deer. My leather gloves were shredded on the palms but the insulation was still intact and I had no road rash on my hands. I’m guessing I put my hands out to protect my face but when my collarbone and shoulder blade broke I still did a face plant. I was wearing layers because it was cold. My bike jacket and jersey had holes rubbed through them from sliding on the pavement but my base layer was ok. My safety glasses I was wearing looked like someone had taken a grinder to the lenses. A full face helmet would have probably protected my face. I had road rash on my legs but my tights seemed ok. With all the other injuries I really didn’t notice my road rash on my legs until I got out of bed the next morning and saw all the blood on the sheets. If I was going to do that crash over I would want to be dressed like that motorcycle racer was. And I was only going around 30 mph.

• Heart 1