Weekend plans...anyone ?

petitepedal

Friday is the king of the baggers race at Daytona ( a friend of mine lost his sponsorship on Tuesday so I don't know if his team is still racing the bagger race)

Saturday watching the Daytona 200

Sunday....loading up the motorhome and heading to Georgia for a few days and then off to Kershaw South Carolina.

I might have to take out a second mortgage on the house to afford to fuel costs for the motorhome 

• Heart 2

Finished my tax filing but have to mail in because of  some additional notices. 

Zoom appt. with lawyer..not looking forward this. 

another day, Another zoom VAncovuer Island public event to listen to a good friend introduce /talk about her just-published book..

Probably alot of  thinking/reflection weekend which is why I need good distractions.  I haven't thought through rest of weekend, but need to do some light food shopping.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

8 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Finished my tax filing but have to mail in because of  some additional notices. 

Zoom appt. with lawyer..not looking forward this. 

another day, Another zoom VAncovuer Island public event to listen to a good friend introduce /talk about her just-published book..

Probably alot of  thinking/reflection weekend which is why I need good distractions.  I haven't thought through rest of weekend, but need to do some light food shopping.

Wishing you a peaceful weekend. Is the estate settlement longer than normal or typical for Canada?

• Heart 1

Beautiful weather today, sunny and 60’s. Saturday is a batten the hatches type forecast. Cold rain starting after midnight tonight, with a chance of snow between 8 and noon. Wind gusts up to 40 mph. Stay indoors, do spring cleaning in the house. Make a pot of chili and some Mac and cheese. Grocery shopping after work for supplies. Sunday’s high is 42, no plans. On Monday, someone is coming to remove the propane tank. We are done with propane. 

6 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I had plans in Sarasota, but my flight last night got cancelled, and my flight this morning got changed to late afternoon. So we’re cancelling, as tomorrow’s Sarasota weather looks bad.

???

Canceled? Any reason why? That seems insane.  Weather is fine (isn't it?).

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

as tomorrow’s Sarasota weather looks bad

Just a bit of the spring thundershowers. I wouldn't go to the beach in it but it'd be fine for around town. Sorry you trip is canceled. We love heading down to Bradenton (just north of Sarasota) to Coquina beach. Even living only 20 mins from 3-4 different beaches we prefer heading here for Beach days.

https://goo.gl/maps/topyb8jEJQisrqKe6

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

Softball tourney cancelled because of tomorrow's weather.  

I will watch Gold Rush tonight and maybe have some bourbon.  

Sunday we have a couple of scrimmages planned if we dont's get too much snow.

Of the 52 weekends in the year, how many do NOT involve softball?

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Of the 52 weekends in the year, how many do NOT involve softball?

honestly probably 4.  If we're not playing we usually have pitching/hitting, etc.  We will be playing at least every other weekend starting April until and then prob every weekend this summer.   Fall ball will be every other weekend.  

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

Got a thing at church tonight, then I'll come home and light a fire and relax with some Bourbon.  Tomorrow, start with another thing at church in the morning, then since it's awful weather, I'll repair the tiller in prep for planting, finish pulling vinyl off the boat engine cover, maybe get some seeds started, then off to see my niece in her HS show.  Sunday, Mass in the morning, it should be cold but dry so I'll empty the compost onto the garden, then I probably have 2 honeydo lists to attack.  Maybe dinner with D1 and her BF

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, Road Runner said:

If I counted right (I usually forget a few), I have thirteen clocks and one watch to reset.  

I have another four clocks that reset automatically.

I didn't count the watches.  I must have few of them to change. At least my Garmin watch auto updates.  I just remembered there are clocks in my 2 DSLR cameras too.  

My Prius... I say the designers were evil.  Changing the clock is the easy part.  Then I need to find a DST check box (that needs to be checked) that is at least 3 levels deep in the nav system settings menus.  If I don't check that box, when I use the nav system the arrival time will be off by an hour. :wacko:

• Heart 2

Saturday, I'm putting a cheap ($28.99) but positively-reviewed-on-Amazon string of six 1-foot-long strips of LED lights under the kitchen cabinets and under the windowsill that's 11" above my sink and a few inches back from it.  I'm going to tape them in place with Scotch tape until I see where I like them: then there's a choice of double-sided tape or wood screws.  It's a 13W unit (12V adapter x 1.1 amps of total current) with white "daylight" 5000K light.

There are cabinets above a counter at "DISH..." and "DB18D3" to the right end of the kitchen and within 6 1/2" of "PSS" - the refrigerator.  SB36 is the sink with a windowsill above it.

I'm going to tape the LED's where the black lines are, then move them a little to find the best spots.  The counter space where I'm not putting a LED light, between the diagonal LED strip and "PSS" has an Instant Pot permanently sitting there and doesn't need more light.  The left half of "DISH..." is well lit by the gas range hood lights.

image.png.122c129da9c519347270b9babf0b4de5.png

There's an excellent light in the hood above my gas range and a very good central ceiling light, but if I'm standing at the counter, my body blocks the ceiling light and, at night, the window is no help and it's hard to see what I doing in the sink or and hard to find the right spice jar, etc.

The gas range is in the corner of the kitchen, one of the strips will go above the section of counter between the oven and the sink that doesn't light well, two strips will go under the windowsill above the sink, and three will go above the section of counter on the other (right) side of the sink.

The Y-splitter will be used so I can plug the light into an outlet that's close to the sink and have the on/off switch and dimmer switch close to the sink while the three strips continue away from the sink to the right.

image.thumb.png.b9102a9c7092442f21cf0b33531d55d2.png image.png.567930ae44c7fe8f2af113a50e32668d.png

We've got weird weather this weekend.  It's 54° at 8 pm on Friday, we're supposed to get 2-4" of Snow by 4 pm Saturday afternoon - even though the forecast says the temperature will be above freezing until 2 pm and rain is forecast all Saturday morning at 40° or higher.

It's supposed to drop to 19° Saturday night, so there may be frozen roads.

It's then forecast to be 30° or higher and gradually get warmer until highs are in the 60's on Tuesday and the following 7 days.

That's a reach.  I used to coach high school softball and tryouts/practice began on March 15th: for at least a few weeks every year there would be days when it was too cold to practice outside so we practiced in the gym: we had a long net-tunnel inside of which batting practice was done.

image.png.40b8759fa59b8d0e3ddaa6ec1b33592c.png

• Heart 1

23 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Saturday, I'm putting a cheap ($28.99) but positively-reviewed-on-Amazon string of six 1-foot-long strips of LED lights under the kitchen cabinets and under the windowsill that's 11" above my sink and a few inches back from it.  I'm going to tape them in place with Scotch tape until I see where I like them: then there's a choice of double-sided tape or wood screws.  It's a 13W unit (12V adapter x 1.1 amps of total current) with white "daylight" 5000K light.

There are cabinets above a counter at "DISH..." and "DB18D3" to the right end of the kitchen and within 6 1/2" of "PSS" - the refrigerator.  SB36 is the sink with a windowsill above it.

I'm going to tape the LED's where the black lines are, then move them a little to find the best spots.  The counter space where I'm not putting a LED light, between the diagonal LED strip and "PSS" has an Instant Pot permanently sitting there and doesn't need more light.  The left half of "DISH..." is well lit by the gas range hood lights.

image.png.122c129da9c519347270b9babf0b4de5.png

There's an excellent light in the hood above my gas range and a very good central ceiling light, but if I'm standing at the counter, my body blocks the ceiling light and, at night, the window is no help and it's hard to see what I doing in the sink or and hard to find the right spice jar, etc.

The gas range is in the corner of the kitchen, one of the strips will go above the section of counter between the oven and the sink that doesn't light well, two strips will go under the windowsill above the sink, and three will go above the section of counter on the other (right) side of the sink.

The Y-splitter will be used so I can plug the light into an outlet that's close to the sink and have the on/off switch and dimmer switch close to the sink while the three strips continue away from the sink to the right.

image.thumb.png.b9102a9c7092442f21cf0b33531d55d2.png image.png.567930ae44c7fe8f2af113a50e32668d.png

We've got weird weather this weekend.  It's 54° at 8 pm on Friday, we're supposed to get 2-4" of Snow by 4 pm Saturday afternoon - even though the forecast says the temperature will be above freezing until 2 pm and rain is forecast all Saturday morning at 40° or higher.

It's supposed to drop to 19° Saturday night, so there may be frozen roads.

It's then forecast to be 30° or higher and gradually get warmer until highs are in the 60's on Tuesday and the following 7 days.

That's a reach.  I used to coach high school softball and tryouts/practice began on March 15th: for at least a few weeks every year there would be days when it was too cold to practice outside so we practiced in the gym: we had a long net-tunnel inside of which batting practice was done.

image.png.40b8759fa59b8d0e3ddaa6ec1b33592c.png

I have been looking at similar, but rechargeable. 

WoW and I went to the Arizona cleavage Renaissance festival today. Beautiful weather. Got up around 80. Skin isn’t totally seasoned. Used sunscreen, but still a bit of shade hopping as the day went on.
I think tomorrow I’m going to ride and wire up the subwoofer to the stereo and do laundry. Pretty lazy day. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, groupw said:

WoW and I went to the Arizona cleavage Renaissance festival today. Beautiful weather. Got up around 80. Skin isn’t totally seasoned. Used sunscreen, but still a bit of shade hopping as the day went on.
I think tomorrow I’m going to ride and wire up the subwoofer to the stereo and do laundry. Pretty lazy day. 

I used to call ours the cleavage festival. Of course if we held it this time of year it would be the nips and shrinkage festival. 

• Heart 2

11 hours ago, groupw said:

I have never been to the Renaissance Fest