🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

Capture.JPG.246eb527c791b9d570712810104e35db.JPG

It could have been BATCH, CATCH, HATCH, LATCH, MATCH, PATCH, or WATCH    :o :)

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

I think Wordle would be even better if it gave us some sort of a vague clue about the solution word.

When changing one letter results in several (more than three) likely solution words, a way to think through and reduce the possible options would help greatly.  Otherwise, it just becomes a total crapshoot.    :unsure:

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Wordle 265 5/6*

⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d8c7deb901bf8494b400f21357ecd625.png

Mine looked similar. Is there a record in number of guesses with four letters green?

Wordle 265 6/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Heart 2

Wordle 265 6/6*

🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Mine looked similar. Is there a record in number of guesses with four letters green?

Wordle 265 6/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RE right below you had 3 incorrect guesses!  We had just 1 and RR had 2. I guess the super record would be 5 if someone hit 4 green on the start with some 4s and then more as you go down the line. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

RE right below you had 3 incorrect guesses!  We had just 1 and RR had 2. I guess the super record would be 5 if someone hit 4 green on the start with some 4s and then more as you go down the line. 

I still have PTSD from five wrong in a row a few weeks ago. This had all the same "guess - wrong! - guess - wrong!..." drama that makes it such a luck-centric game.

Spoiler

image.png.e1566dca8e39b001937adca72d367112.png

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

I guess like in life you can help your luck out by playing the percentages. 

I don't think that is true...

Spoiler

, since Wordle doesn't use "more popular" as a criteria for an answer, so it is just as likely that a rarely used word that shares 4 identical letters is the answer.  Pure luck where multiple words share 4 letters in the same place. :(

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't think that is true...

Hide contents

, since Wordle doesn't use "more popular" as a criteria for an answer, so it is just as likely that a rarely used word that shares 4 identical letters is the answer.  Pure luck where multiple words share 4 letters in the same place. :(

I guess you have a point that frequency of letter use does not necessarily match up with frequency of word use. I would assume that mr wardle would not try to trick us up with mostly bogus words like soare. At least I hope not!  Now those bastards at the NYT, who knows?!  :D

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

trick us up with mostly bogus words like soare. At least I hope not!

That is a question we all are in the dark about.  It accepts SOARE, and SOARE doesn't violate the seeming rule of no plurals, but other than that, will we run into a crap word like that at some point?  Or has the list been culled in some way to clear out the "words" that no one actually use??

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

I had three of the possible seven.

Spoiler

And if your first word was BATCH, you could follow that up with CATCH, HATCH, LATCH, MATCH, and PATCH, giving you 6 incorrect words and a fail, even though you had 5 correct letters to start with.   

13 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I had three of the possible seven.

Reveal hidden contents

And if your first word was BATCH, you could follow that up with CATCH, HATCH, LATCH, MATCH, and PATCH, giving you 6 incorrect words and a fail, even though you had 5 correct letters to start with.   

Feb 17, 2022 - a date that will go down in infamy!

image.png

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hugs 1