The flowers is riz!

MickinMD

1 hour ago, denniS said:

It's snowing here. More white stuff this weekend too. Fortunately, it's still ski and fatbike season. 

IMG_20220310_154819899.jpg

It  wouldn't surprise me got another snowfall...right now, it's dry pavement but still with snow covered lawns at least 2 inches of now. I live in a drier air year-round, but colder part of  Canada where thankfully when it warms in winter for a day or so , it melts at least snow dry  on shovelled walks and then snowbanks take time to melt. So it's an ok compromise for longer winters where I am.

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Those aren’t birdies, they are foul-tempered shit factories. Keep Jake away from them and watch where you step!

My brother, Asst. Manager of a State Roads Warehouse, says those Canadian Geese hang around the grounds of the warehouse throughout the Winter and their shit is especially slippery!

A lot of them Winter in Maryland and in the park where I took the pictures there is sometimes a flock skein of a couple hundred that suddenly passes overhead.  They literally block out the Sun and I always worry about getting dive bombed by them but have been spared so far.  We walked past about 20 in a few groups gaggles and saw a couple V-formation flying flocks plumps of about 12-15 each.  I think some of them have already headed back North for Spring.

I just looked it up and see I shouldn't call it a "flock." According to Wikipedia: "The collective noun for a group of geese on the ground is a gaggle; when in flight, they are called a skein, a team, or a wedge; when flying close together, they are called a plump.

• Thank You 1