new LeMond bike

bikeman564™

20 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It's a nice looking bike, it's 13k.

That comes with more than the bike though.  I believe you get to go on rides with Greg.  You get a kit, maybe even a new kit yearly.

What color did you order?

blue, its faster. I'd prefer an old Z Team paint scheme though.

Pricey indeed, but comparable to any other top shelf bike. Cannondale's supersix w/ DA is $13k. They should of tried to get the price down though.

• Heart 1

Most off the rack high bling bikes don’t come with high end wheels but I believe the package included high end wheels. The price is steep but on par with a high end Spesh or Trek with high end wheels. 

The steer tube is also really interesting.  I like how he keeps pushing the design envelope.  

• Heart 1

On 3/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, ChrisL said:

Most off the rack high bling bikes don’t come with high end wheels but I believe the package included high end wheels. The price is steep but on par with a high end Spesh or Trek with high end wheels. 

The steer tube is also really interesting.  I like how he keeps pushing the design envelope.  

Yep - relative competitive price for a DA bike these days.  It quickly jumped from $7k to $10k+ a few years ago. Dopey expensive for me to replace my Tarmac - like $14k. :angry:

But I really like the steer tube too. I wonder if that will catch on.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep - relative competitive price for a DA bike these days.  It quickly jumped from $7k to $10k+ a few years ago. Dopey expensive for me to replace my Tarmac - like $14k. :angry:

But I really like the steer tube too. I wonder if that will catch on.

Its amazing how much of a premium top shelf bikes are sold for now. When I was in HS, '88-'92, Trek released their composite carbon frame, (OCLV). IIRC wasn't it aboot $2500? Which is equivalent to $5500 today.

Here's an interesting fact. I bought my CAAD 10 in 2012, for $2150 w/ Ultegra. I still had the Bicycling Magazine ad for the 2000 model year, and the equivalent bike was $2000, damn near the same price.

23 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

When I was in HS, '88-'92, Trek released their composite carbon frame, (OCLV). IIRC wasn't it aboot $2500? Which is equivalent to $5500 today.

My 1988 Mitsubishi pick-up was like $7k (or less).  Good luck finding a tiny pickup for under $20k - maybe $25k (Ranger?).  It's a new world in what things cost the past 20 yrs.  :(

Of course, I was a kid in the 80s, so had no money. I guess that makes it all relative?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

Its amazing how much of a premium top shelf bikes are sold for now. When I was in HS, '88-'92, Trek released their composite carbon frame, (OCLV). IIRC wasn't it aboot $2500? Which is equivalent to $5500 today.

Here's an interesting fact. I bought my CAAD 10 in 2012, for $2150 w/ Ultegra. I still had the Bicycling Magazine ad for the 2000 model year, and the equivalent bike was $2000, damn near the same price.

It seems that the ceiling on high bling bikes keeps going up but the mid range keeps getting better & better at a much more reasonable price point.  

Most bike brands have that carbon frame set one level down from the high end or that AL frame and with Ultegra or even 105 you have a really nice bike befitting any of our needs for that $3 -$4K range.  Still pricey but a hell of a lot of bike for the money and well shy of $10K.  

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It seems that the ceiling on high bling bikes keeps going up but the mid range keeps getting better & better at a much more reasonable price point.  

Most bike brands have that carbon frame set one level down from the high end or that AL frame and with Ultegra or even 105 you have a really nice bike befitting any of our needs for that $3 -$4K range.  Still pricey but a hell of a lot of bike for the money and well shy of $10K.  

Well said. I'd say even $2-$4K is definitely a good range to get a damn good bike for normal people, like me. As I said, my CAAD 10 was $2100, and I put on $1100 mavic ksyriums, taking it to $3200. I don't want another bike. This thing is absolutely phenomenal. While I'm not a weight weenie, it weighs 17.5 lb w/ look keo pedals. Which is great for an aluminum bike. It does have a full carbon fork, seat post, and crank. The crank (FSA SLK Light) is the only non-ultegra piece. And its stiff AF, great power transfer.

Top level bikes for pro's I can see it, and for people w/ money. But you'd be hard press to prove to me, that a $14K bike will be noticeably different than a bike 1/2 as much.