What does it take to get amnesia?

Randomguy

On Hallmark movies it usually happens when the single man and attractive woman meet through some sort of wacky accident.  Car accidents are the usual means, but they've also included being run over by a bike.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

On Hallmark movies it usually happens when the single man and attractive woman meet through some sort of wacky accident.  Car accidents are the usual means, but they've also included being run over by a bike.

Or bumping heads at some sort of charity event.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

It seems concussions can also fling you back to your own time if you happen to go to the past or future somehow.

RG, I had a concussion and lost my short-term memory for first few hrs. after my accident. 

I literally  have no memory of the collision with the other cyclist, no memory of falling, no memory of being transported by ambulance. No memory of babbling helplessly with my eyes wide open just after the crash. This is what dearie witnessed:  my eyes were wide open and I was babbling during these hrs.  I have no memory of pedestrians stopping by and looking after me..

I have no trauma memory of this accident....but it was concussion where I was dizzy enough that I couldn't move around slowly in kitchen, sit in front of computer, etc.   I had to relearn to walk during lst wk. and feel safe.

I returned to cycling 5 months after the accident.  I don't want to watch boxing, MM fighting, football, etc. I just think of the cumulative damage to their brains.

• Heart 1

In honor of this thread, I'm currently watching an old Christmas movie from UP TV  (a channel for people who don't like the gritty reality of Hallmark).  Two moms switch bodies after fighting over a magic candy cane and hitting their heads.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1