Shrooms

Square Wheels

One of our latest health kicks is consuming items with mushrooms.  We saw a Netflix show, then did a bit of research and found Four Sigmatic, a company that offers lots of mushroom products.

These are not psychedelics - sorry, not my thing.

One, Lion's Mane - may have the benefit if reducing the risk of dementia.  I started having that every day in my tea.

Some products you add, some you directly consume, they even have coffee.

Anyhow, if you are interested, here's a link where you get $20 off your first order, and I get a credit in my account too.

http://usfoursigmatic.refr.cc/cliffr

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

...I am fortunate to have a couple of local mushroom farms close enough that their produce shows up at the Sunday farmers market.  Last time I looked, the guy was bringing and selling over a dozen varieties.  But I mostly buy the Crimini mushrooms every week. Those are the Portobello mushrooms, when they are still small.

I once found a psilocybin bloom in a neighborhood yard, but it must have come in as spores on compost, because it did not repeat.

Mushroom identification is one of the more interesting things you can do as a naturalist here. The season is pretty short, though.