Exclamatory emails

shootingstar

Rather cute to get enthusiastic short emails from a 14 yr. old niece. Every email to me, seems to have an exclamation mark. 

I was way more boring at her age, in self-expression in writing.  Wonder when she will lose excitement. She is not a ditz head..  she takes taekwondo and probably towers 5 inches over me by now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

She’s the last 14 year old still using e-mail. (Unless compelled for school or work). Even my 62 year old brother has transitioned to text, but he still leaves rambling voicemails that always start with “Hello Jim it’s your brother John it’s 8:23 Thursday evening………” Extra dots to indicate the rambling nature of the voicemail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It is! I’m starting to rely on the response guides on my Outlook mobile app for all my work email replies. Many have excited exclamation marks, an energy I can’t offer muster at work. Thank you very much! 

During boring teleconferences I like to trade smart ass comments with a cow-orker and dip into the Teams GIFs. :D

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

When my 14 year old granddaughter was little she would always send me texts on the way to church from the back seat on Nana’s car. She liked riding in the third seat and her sisters sat in the middle seats. Nana let her use her phone on the ride to church. Her texts were always nice to get. They would be something like this:

Papa, I sure do love you 💓and Nana 😍. Who’s turn is it to go to lunch with you today? 🍇🍋🍓🧇🌭🍕🥗🌮🍔if it’s my turn can Cadence come too? She is such a sweetheart I don’t mind sharing my turn with her. And afterwards we can go for 🍦.   Love Celia 😍🥰😘😘💓💓💓

Very cool!  I would have loved being able to text my grandad when I was a youngun!  Even though I didn't identify as a cute little girl. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

When my 14 year old granddaughter was little she would always send me texts on the way to church from the back seat on Nana’s car. She liked riding in the third seat and her sisters sat in the middle seats. Nana let her use her phone on the ride to church. Her texts were always nice to get. They would be something like this:

Papa, I sure do love you 💓and Nana 😍. Who’s turn is it to go to lunch with you today? 🍇🍋🍓🧇🌭🍕🥗🌮🍔if it’s my turn can Cadence come too? She is such a sweetheart I don’t mind sharing my turn with her. And afterwards we can go for 🍦.   Love Celia 😍🥰😘😘💓💓💓

All my sisters didn't allow their children to text when they quite young. Under 10 yrs. old.

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

She’s the last 14 year old still using e-mail. (Unless compelled for school or work). Even my 62 year old brother has transitioned to text, but he still leaves rambling voicemails that always start with “Hello Jim it’s your brother John it’s 8:23 Thursday evening………” Extra dots to indicate the rambling nature of the voicemail. 

I guess, my sister and hubby have been quite strict for her to communicate with anyone by email.  Remember she is emailing to auntie who doesn't have a cellphone. :whistle:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

This is such a priceless gift. 

• Awesome 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:16 AM, Airehead said:

@shootingstar, I love that she stays in touch with you 

I dunno. It's more me reaching out to her occasionally that gets short email exchanges.

For now, she's captivated by some upcoming movies that feature Asian/Asian-American performers that are action-oriented, multi-universe and themes of underdog empowerment and...craziness/fun. :flirtyeyess: She is biracial, daughter of sister-doctor and had been (hopefully not now), concern of parents because she's always been more comfortable chatting with adults instead of her peers. She will tell kids her age, if something is stupid, she'll say it unvarnished.  That doesn't garner friends..

Ok, I'm happy to be the crazy aunt who goes cycling around and has a wierd blog.