a good day.Β 

Parrot wins too

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

WTF!Β  You win the bogus word awordle!Β  :D

Β 

• Awesome 1

43 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

WTF!Β  You win the bogus word award awordle!Β  :D

According to some guy on Reddit, there are 2315 5-letter words likely to be used by Wordle.Β  Among these words, the letters and their frequency of use are shown below.

Everything in italics is from the Reddit guy.

Letter Count of letter:

A - 978

B - 281

C - 477

D - 393

E - 1232

F - 229

G - 311

H - 389

I - 671

J - 27

K - 210

L - 718

M - 316

N - 575

O - 754

P - 367

Q - 29

R - 899

S - 668

T - 729

U - 467

V - 153

W - 195

X - 37

Y - 425

Z - 40

This already gives us enough info to know what words are the most potent ones. We can go to a random word maker site and input the 5 most popular letters. This will give us words most likely to guess letters correctly - not taking the position into account.

The 5 most popular letters are E, A, R, O, T. We input them on the site and it creates 3 words out of them: OATER, ORATE, and ROATE. Hence using any of these 3 words is better than using ANY other initial guess if your goal is to get the best possible outcome for your second guess only. So this doesn’t take any tactics into account. These 3 words are not among the 2315 Wordle words so you will never get a β€œsolved in 1” using them.Β 

https://www.reddit.com/r/wordle/comments/sixe2d/roate_the_best_starter_word/

I am convinced.Β  I will give ROATE a shot.Β  My ATONE is getting old.Β Β :)

Β 

18 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

According to some guy on Reddit, there are 2315 5-letter words likely to be used by Wordle.Β  Among these words, the letters and their frequency of use are shown below.

Letter Count of letter:

A - 978

B - 281

C - 477

D - 393

E - 1232

F - 229

G - 311

H - 389

I - 671

J - 27

K - 210

L - 718

M - 316

N - 575

O - 754

P - 367

Q - 29

R - 899

S - 668

T - 729

U - 467

V - 153

W - 195

X - 37

Y - 425

Z - 40

This already gives us enough info to know what words are the most potent ones. We can go to a random word maker site and input the 5 most popular letters. This will give us words most likely to guess letters correctly - not taking the position into account.

The 5 most popular letters are E, A, R, O, T. We input them on the site and it creates 3 words out of them: OATER, ORATE, and ROATE. Hence using any of these 3 words is better than using ANY other initial guess if your goal is to get the best possible outcome for your second guess only. So this doesn’t take any tactics into account. These 3 words are not among the 2315 Wordle words so you will never get a β€œsolved in 1” using them.Β 

Β 

That is all fine and well, but WTF is a roate?Β  Type of pasta? :D

Hmm, it sounds like it is an acronym (especially since it was submitted by acrimonious! :D ) .Β  Are those legal?Β  SNAFU? brb!

1. roate

ROATE means the cumulative net earnings after taxes available to common shareholders, adjusted for tax-affected amortization of intangibles, for the calendar quarters in each calendar year.

Submitted by acronimous on January 24, 2022Β Β 

23 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Letter Count of letter:

A - 978

B - 281

C - 477

D - 393

E - 1232

F - 229

G - 311

H - 389

I - 671

J - 27

K - 210

L - 718

M - 316

N - 575

O - 754

P - 367

Q - 29

R - 899

S - 668

T - 729

U - 467

V - 153

W - 195

X - 37

Y - 425

Z - 40

Β 

Holy wordle, Batman!Β  I didn't internalize that J and P are actually more rare than X and Z.Β  Not by much, but they are real looser letters!

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

That is all fine and well, but WTF is a roate?

I was going to just use ORATE, but for strategic purposes, I prefer the R in the first position and the O second.Β  Β Anyway, if Wordle accepts it, that is all that counts.Β Β :)

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Holy wordle, Batman!Β  I didn't internalize that J and P are actually more rare than X and Z.Β  Not by much, but they are real looser letters!

And I have always questioned why people used Y as much as they did.Β  It seemed like a relatively rarely used letter to me.Β  Not so.Β  Used almost as much as C and more than D.Β Β :o

• Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

And I have always questioned why people used Y as much as they did.Β  It seemed like a relatively rarely used letter to me.Β  Not so.Β  Used almost as much as C and more than D.Β Β :o

Y is excellent when you have run out of vowels, because I hear is it sometimes used as one.Β  The reserves, so to speak. :DΒ  How cool is it to have a multi-function letter? :)Β