Do you cumin your chili?

Randomguy

I just throw crap in.  I don't measure anything.  I just add crap until it looks and tastes right to me.  Lots of chili powder, cumin, garlic in some form, cayenne powder, diced tomatoes, onions, corn, beans (kidney or pinto), water for proper consistency and meat.  I use ground beef or broiled chicken or sometimes even sausage.  I usually use canned beans, tomatoes and corn to save time.

• Heart 1

I just throw crap in.  I don't measure anything.  I just add crap until it looks and tastes right to me.  Lots of chili powder, cumin, garlic in some form, cayenne powder, diced tomatoes, onions, corn, beans (kidney or pinto), water for proper consistency and meat.  I use ground beef or broiled chicken or sometimes even sausage.  I usually use canned beans, tomatoes and corn to save time.

I did some of that, holy hell is it hot!  I haven't put much of anything in except chili powder.  When I tried to brown the meat, I added chili powder and cayenne, plus the onions.

Olive oil, onion, garlic, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, salt & pepper, meat (usually ground beef) beans (usually 1 dark & 1 light kidney beans...but black beans work too) whole tomatoes, tomato sauce oh and a small can of diced chilies.   for regular chili   I also have a recipe for a hardy meatless chili that I have made a few times...it calls for wheat berries...which both times I have made it...I have left them out... it is a crockpot chili and it fills that pot to the rim...there is no room for the  effin wheat berries.

Ok, another chili question.  I put tomato paste and water in after initially just putting in a large can of whole tomatoes, and now the sauce looks too uniform.  What can be done?  Beef broth?  Fresh tomatoes?  Cut it with water? 

What?

Add water to get the consistency that you want but I would wait until the tomatoes cook down some..

Ok, another chili question.  I put tomato paste and water in after initially just putting in a large can of whole tomatoes, and now the sauce looks too uniform.  What can be done?  Beef broth?  Fresh tomatoes?  Cut it with water? 

What?

You wouldn't have had any of these problems had you followed my advice and cracked open a can of Hormel Chili with Beans. 

What?

I cut it with water, then I dumped a can of V-8 into it (a little one).

What?

A can of Guinness or similar dark beer.

And yes to the cumin. Not to forget the green chilis/tomatos/kidney beans/maybe throw in a handful of corn, just for color and a bit o' crunch/chili powder/garlic/dried onions/ and what ever floats your boat from this point on.

Thats a lot of lee way.  :whistle:

The chili was good, just had some of it for lunch, discarding the beans.  I plopped in some sour cream and freshly grated cheddar, and I smiled a smile of goodness.

What did I tell ya?!  You never listen!  I told you the beans you be disappointing.  It takes time for them to hydrate, since you're not God you can't speed up the process.  Did you listen?  No.  Did you care?  No.  You just sat there and acted like you knew everything.  "Beans hydrate faster in my universe."  Kids these days.  They think they know everything.  One day you'll see.  One day you'll wake up and say, "Gee, that Mr. Silly sure knew what he was talking about."

What did I tell ya?!  You never listen!  I told you the beans you be disappointing.  It takes time for them to hydrate, since you're not God you can't speed up the process.  Did you listen?  No.  Did you care?  No.  You just sat there and acted like you knew everything.  "Beans hydrate faster in my universe."  Kids these days.  They think they know everything.  One day you'll see.  One day you'll wake up and say, "Gee, that Mr. Silly sure knew what he was talking about."

Ok, yeah, you are right.  Just answer me one damn question, though...HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU MAKE REAL TEXAS CHILI WITHOUT BEANS?

You can't, that's how.