Are you superstitious?

Square Wheels

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah kinda. I’m a big believer in respecting the streak.  When my Rams won their first play off game I wore the same Rams shirt for the rest of the playoff run as it certainly helped them win.

Have I ever mentioned that Susan Sarandon really floats my boat? :D

• Heart 2

No.  At least no to being cursed, blessed, lucky for being the 7th son of a 7th son, etc.

I do wonder about apparations, though if they do occur I think it's related to some sort of projection by living people not ghosts.

I know of one case involving a Catholic priest who friends of mine knew and said he'd never lie.  He went below decks touring the U.S.S. Constellation, which Baltimore claims is the oldest ship in the Navy and is on display in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

He met a man dressed as an early 1800's sailor who walked the priest around, explaining all the things on the ship.

The priest finished his tour, went back on deck and thanked the custodian for the tour guide who replied, "Father, you're the only one who was below decks."

They went below and could find no one.

This wouldn't be much of a story except that the sailor had explained to him what certain holes in the beams were for - for string hammocks for men to sleep in.

No one had figured that out, but it was clear once the priest explained it!

Of course, this is 2nd hand info and maybe the priest and the people in charge of the ship actually knew the answer and put the priest up to mischief to stir up attendance.

On the other hand, I've related here how a woman in Altoona, PA knew something serious happened to my father the day he was wounded behind the lines in Italy in WW2 and informed my father's mother. I grew up thinking the only thing she got wrong was that she said his situation involved a "dead woman."  Then, in 1964, we learned that the name of the small farm village were he was wounded is named "Femina Morte:" "Dead Woman."  I can't explain that.  Coincidence?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

11 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Scuttlebutt on this version is that Ringo Starr played drums on this track. Charlie Watts hit the skins on the other tracks. 

Correct, Charlie wasn’t there the first day.

Norman Dayron: Ringo and Klaus caught on right away to what we were trying to do. One of the best songs on there, I Ain’t Superstitious, features Ringo and Klaus. They did a good job. 

20 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Scuttlebutt on this version is that Ringo Starr played drums on this track. Charlie Watts hit the skins on the other tracks. 

This is a fantastic album! I found it in my record store days. It was recorded at the peak of “Clapton is God” yet the rehearsal outtake for Red Rooster has Howlin’ Wolf teaching him a riff like he was a beginner. 

• Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, groupw said:

This is a fantastic album! I found it in my record store days. It was recorded at the peak of “Clapton is God” yet the rehearsal outtake for Red Rooster has Howlin’ Wolf teaching him a riff like he was a beginner. 

I think Clapton was trying to get Howling Wolf to play guitar and not just sing. Good ploy.