Speaking of new sheets....

petitepedal

Serta 90th Anniversary, pillow top. Inexpensive. Salesman said wouldn't get a better mattress for the money.  It does have a 10 year warranty. I think it's probably a good mattress, but I think I should have gone with the Firm, not pillow top. I should have tried the firm one. I tried it maybe a week ago, and I think it would have been good for me. My mind was closed to a firm mattress, and I think that was my error. 

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, smudge said:

Serta 90th Anniversary, pillow top. Inexpensive. Salesman said wouldn't get a better mattress for the money.  It does have a 10 year warranty. I think it's probably a good mattress, but I think I should have gone with the Firm, not pillow top. I should have tried the firm one. I tried it maybe a week ago, and I think it would have been good for me. My mind was closed to a firm mattress, and I think that was my error. 

I think that’s the hard part with mattresses. A good mattress may still not be good for you. 

My wife & I went through a few mattresses over the past 5-10 years but the issue was we both have different needs. I like  softer ones, she likes firmer ones.  We went through 3 mattresses before we found one we both liked.  

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I need to think about getting a new mattress....mine has a shoulder divot :whistle:

I hope the availability and prices are better than when I was looking for mattresses and a bed last June.

I may pay to wait for the big 4th of July sales: whatever your budget you can expect a big discount from the regular price.

I seriously searched: here's a pic of the map files I stored on my laptop to 21 furniture stores I checked out on or near the main highway near me that runs toward Annapolis plus a few more:

image.thumb.png.3fbe5465a36fa15ea84b7deda74b6f5a.png

On June 29th last year, I caught the beginning of a 4th of July sale and got $250-off plus a $50 off Internet coupon at the chain called "Mattress Firm" for a "Beautyrest PressureSmart" Queen mattress including an adjustable base (electronic control raises head end of mattress) for $999 instead of $1299.  My sister talked me into splurging on the Sleepys pillows she has and loves: "Why not get pillows that are great to sleep on when you're going to use them for years?" They were normally $99 each but on sale 2 for $99 and the furniture store lets you try out the memory foam, gel, and down filled Sleepys pillows that have varying degrees of firmness and recommendations if you're a side-sleeper or back sleeper.  My sister was right - the firm memory foam ones I got are not "stiff" or uncomfortable. Overall, it's the best bed I've ever had and I saved $399.

20210629_111600_impr_900p.thumb.jpg.475e878438ca03f0ac8ee9b107789d02.jpg 20210629_112014_impr_900p.jpg.003b825d0b1d35070b4c1131fc992857.jpg

20210629_111713_impr_900p.jpg.6c64f3f307a0955b423269483fad4101.jpg

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I need to think about getting a new mattress....

11 hours ago, Airehead said:

We need one too. So many choices. Overwhelming for me. 

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

This is gonna be worse than car shopping 

If you both need new mattresses you could avoid all the problems and worry if you just traded.,,

• Haha 1