World Record 1900 mile/24 Hour Snowmobile Attempt

team scooter

Some may find this interesting. It starts today at noon. Over 1900 miles in 24 hours. One rider, averaging over 80mph for 24 hours with a mechanically stock (other than comfort accessories) Arctic Cat for charity.  If there's one sled that can handle those speeds for an extended period of time, its a four cylinder turbo charged Thunder Cat. :nodhead: 

Its the exact same sled that my son has, so he keeps reminding me to watch. :)

https://www.arcticinsider.com/ewing-ready-for-24hr-world-record-mileage-attempt/

https://www.facebook.com/1day4kids

t cat.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Looks like 2,104 miles is the final total, which works out to an average of 87.67 miles per hour for 24 hours.  Truth be told, that is about twice as fast as this ignorant Texan thought a snow mobile could go.  I really thought they did 40 or 50 miles per hour max.  

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Was there an existing record or was this a new thing?

I think, in the future, it can be a bit about adapting the course further to maximize efficiency.  Flat, long, & straight laps would have to be key, since a straight line would surely be most optimal for a top speed and aero perspective.  

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I think, in the future, it can be a bit about adapting the course further to maximize efficiency.  Flat, long, & straight laps would have to be key, since a straight line would surely be most optimal for a top speed and aero perspective.  

I think you should send this to Willie for his next attempt.  I'm sure he and his crew never thought about this stuff.