Sunday night vinyl

Parsnip Totin Jack

49 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Second record is The Carpenters, Greatest Hits. Not my fave but Wo7 likes them. We make sacrifices now and then.

I actually enjoy listening to the Carpenters.  It takes me back to my childhood as my older sisters played them.  Most 70’s pop brings back good memories. 

I turn 60 in April. I did not love my last turntable as it was a stop-gap unit until I could get a better on. I donated it when we moved. 
I asked WoW if I could buy a new one for my birthday and she said yes! Counting down to when I can pull the trigger on the order!

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

That’s purdy. I still have my Technics SL-B1 I bought in 1982. Replaced the belt and needle once. Still runs well. 

I had a 60s vintage AR for many years. Loved it but the head shell was having issues with seating correctly. Kept having a channel drop out. Upgrading to a modern tonearm that would fit was outside my budget. I gave it to someone for parts. My dad had an old Realistic direct drive model that I used when Mom gave me all their LPs. It was decent, but I was not in love. It stayed in Nebraska. 
U-Turn has a reputation for good bang for the buck. We got my son a base model a couple years ago and he loves it. This one has the more dense platter and upgraded cartridge.   

• Awesome 1