Greetings from the San Juans

Dottleshead

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

I didn't see a Motel 6!:whistle:

Not in this land of salads with stinging nettles — and they’ll charge you $20 for it. We are staying in a rustic cabin on the beach out of site and it’s still pricey. But not that pretentious resort pricey. Naturally my wife wants to go there sometime. 

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Dottles said:

@Kirby what’s a cup of coffee going for in the city? I’m guessing over $5, no?

Depends where you get it.  A diner or bodega, no.  A nice coffee shop, possibly.

But I haven't been into NYC since before March 2020, so what do I know. :dontknow:

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

@Kirby what’s a cup of coffee going for in the city? I’m guessing over $5, no?

I'll be all broken in for NYC. I walked out of a coffee shop there in Eastsound and commented...hmmm that was $6 for a medium coffee (with $2  tip)  No tip next time.  It was a nice coffee shop. Next time I'll ask for the McDonald's  .25 coffee

plus you got off season prices. Summer it'll be $10 for one cup

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

What does a breakfast of 2 eggs, pancakes, sausage, and hash browns cost? We can always make coffee in the room, and since I don't drink coffee anymore, it is a non issue. 

I got 2 eggs, 2 spicy chicken sausages, a half a piece of toast, and some fried potatoes for $20.  And that was not at the resort posted above. Also noted by @Scrapr shoulder season prices. It was at another hotel in town -- the only place serving breakfast Monday mornings.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

We had one day of sun on the OR coast before the rain. I’m loving the rain. Going home to sun and temps in the low 70’s.

What part of the coast? Been too long since my last visit. Were you able to get some good photos of the storms coming into shore? We made at least one trip just to photograph the storms.

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

What part of the coast? Been too long since my last visit. Were you able to get some good photos of the storms coming into shore? We made at least one trip just to photograph the storms.

We stayed in Manzanita and visited Cannon Beach and Tillamook. We didn’t get photos of the storm, but could see the wall of clouds in the distance. I like the “blue hour” light in this snapshot. It’s day two of cold and rainy weather. 

E36F7BCA-1AB3-4A6D-A24C-30677AA50BEC.jpeg

• Heart 1