What do we really know about wild horses?

Randomguy

"Wild horses couldn't tear me away"...

How did wild horses become the standard of cock-blockage and bringing about unusual strength in their opponents?   Why do wild horses want to stop something either ironically not fun or definitely fun from happening?  How do they bring about that level of determination in their foes that they always triumph against them?

Mick Jagger's girlfriend at the time, the singer Marianne Faithfull, claims "Wild horses couldn't drag me away" was the first thing she said to Mick after she pulled out of a drug-induced coma in 1969.

Keith wrote the song as an expression of regret for having to leave his newborn son to go on tour. Mick reworked it to suit his needs. As he’s been rumored to do.

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Keith wrote the song as an expression of regret for having to leave his newborn son to go on tour. Mick reworked it to suit his needs. As he’s been rumored to do.

Wasn't Keith missing during some of the recordings of Sticky Fingers? I thought I read somewhere that he did not play on Moonlight Mile. One of my favorite Stone's songs.

WY is full of wild horses. It's kind of cool to see them.

23 minutes ago, dinneR said:

Wasn't Keith missing during some of the recordings of Sticky Fingers? I thought I read somewhere that he did not play on Moonlight Mile.

You’re correct he didn’t play on the recording of Moonlight Mile, although I’ve never read he was missing at any point. I think the recording sessions were 18 months from start to finish, starting at Muscle Shoals in Alabama, then finishing between Mick’s house and Olympia studios in London, IIRC. So missing a day or portion of the day would be understandable, and also how that might result in him missing out on an entire song. For example, the end of Can’t You Hear me Knocking was a one take, tape left running and Taylor just noodling as the sax played out. Kind of like how Keith recorded Happy without most of the band there and with Jimmy Miller on drums.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, 12string said:

I believe you can ride them through the desert but you can't name them, no matter how long you have been riding them.

which brings up another question:  If you can't even remember your OWN name in the desert, maybe the horse DID have a name and you just can't remember it.

Are wild horses stronger than tame horses?

Wouldn't something like "Clydesdale horses couldn't drag me away," be a much stronger statement?

My Polish grandfather said that he left Poland for America after he saw a friend executed by the ruling Russians by being tied to two horse carts and his body pulled into two pieces.  Must have been strong horses - they dragged the guy in two directions at once.

My Navy cousin did a lot of searching and could find no record of our grandfather arriving in Philadelphia as grandfather had claimed.

He may have been an illegal alien but, more likely, escaped Poland under an assumed name because he probably was, like his executed friend, wanted by the Russians - which would explain why he left after his friend's execution.

He arrived in America around 1906 and the there had been a major Polish revolt against Russian rule in 1905-06, where many Russian officials in Poland were assassinated.  I'd like to think granddad was part of it.

Though his father owned a brickyard in Warsaw and he spoke 6 languages, he worked as a coal miner.  He eventually built a large house in a suburb of Wilkes-Barre, PA and also owned a nearby farm.  He must have been really smart with his money from a coal miner's wages.  He was sought after for financial advice from friends and my older cousins say, "He used to walk around town always dressed up like he was the mayor."

Joseph Gryskiewicz, age 27 in 1908, at his wedding in Wilkes-Barre, PA to Martha Gadomski.  They had 9 children, my mother the youngest.

1807447690_JosephGryskiewiczheadshotabout1905.jpg.6b187187f5a45cec181d94947b55c09e.jpg 928436532_MarthaJosephGriscavageWedding800pclarifiedcontrrastabout1908.thumb.jpg.e395b166f77a222d2b36c5154df9ab7d.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1