Made my first crisp yesterday

Randomguy

11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Do you try using part coconut oil for the fat?  I have been doing 1/2 coco and 1/2 butter and it comes out great.  

Just straight butter this time.  I must go out and get blueberries again and make another until I burn out completely on them.

What else makes a good crisp?

My not wild sister usually makes apple, but has also made mixed berry and peach.  If she's made others, I don't recall her serving them to me which means they were either so good she kept them or not good at all.

20 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Just straight butter this time.  I must go out and get blueberries again and make another until I burn out completely on them.

What else makes a good crisp?

Berries.  I love Berry crisp.  They grow wild around here and I enjoy making stuff with them.

DUDE!  I moved all my raspberries and soon, I might get more than one berry.  Last year the deer got all of them, except one.  

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Randomguy, you should try making a buckle.  That is good too.  It is basically a cake, where you stir in fruit.

I just watched a video of a buckle, I think I would have liked it better than the blueberry bread I made.  I will do one this weekend.