Big ol' hail forecast for DFW area today.

Wilbur

Ever notice that with forecasters every sun shower now has a name?  "Be careful out there, sun shower 'Brunhilde' is sweeping the East Coast!!!!" 

That any sort of precipitation, even in trace amounts, is cause for a special-programming-panic-complete-with-expert-talking-heads?   :frantics:

That even with more than a half-dozen different computer models, forecasters still would have better luck picking the winning Powerball numbers than getting the forecast right?

:rolleyes:

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Ever notice that with forecasters every sun shower now has a name?  "Be careful out there, sun shower 'Brunhilde' is sweeping the East Coast!!!!" 

That any sort of precipitation, even in trace amounts, is cause for a special-programming-panic-complete-with-expert-talking-heads?   :frantics:

That even with more than a half-dozen different computer models, forecasters still would have better luck picking the winning Powerball numbers than getting the forecast right?

:rolleyes:

I feel forecasting is improved from years ago, specifically relative to big events. I have to imagine analytics are more powerful now, yet still needs to rely on expertise for interpretation. Kinda reminds me of FEA simulation. It's good, but input setup, and output interpretation are important.