What did you today?

Airehead

• Worked on presentation deck.... to present in 2 days for 80+ people virtually. 6 slides but took me almost 2 hrs. They are instructional guidance on  roles/responsibilities.
  • 3 meetings - 1 was planned & other 2 were short sponanteous virtual mtgs., which resulted  in mutually agreed questions/issues/clarification.  Planned meeting was complex but glad other person did some earlier workflow drawings, etc. Some huge issues re cost of storing  data...for next 30 yrs. :( Because 3rd party doesn't want it in their premise servers. NO we cannot put this into cloud. It must be  tightly secured, personal information etc. that can't leave this province  --this is law and written into agreement.
  • 2 other information text chats
  • reviewing lawyer's docs. 
  • Dinner
  • Shower
  • Did not get to pie shop. It's ok...some other day to celebrate for little tartlet.

• Heart 1

Went to work..it started to snow..theTV guy showed up..was busy...did dining room charges, got groceries out checked on a resident (she was ok)...had a tiny piece of pie..rolled $20 in quarters, talked to a couple of family members..came home ate fast and had a board meeting at 6...next month we will do budget..May we will go back to open meetings.

Now I need to cook

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Sounds like retirement…

I helped to hang the 40 (yeah 40) bird feeders WoBG puts out each day.  At sunset we take them down and store them in the garage.  Too may racons, opossums, etc.. attack the feeders over night.

Then I walked the dogs.  

Vacuumed and washed the Subaru.

Read thru the email I get.

Paid some bills.

Used my laptop to test the  new 200 Mbps internet speed, using 2.4ghz and then 5.0ghz at a few locations inside my home.   135 Mbps was the fastest speed I measured. 

Now we are watching Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!   

11 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Laundry and dishes.

Helped a buddy with an Excel issue.

31 mile bike ride.

Going to start a new book tonight.

Whatcha reading’?

10 hours ago, BR46 said:

Drove a motorhome in 3 different states. 

Confusion, denial, and I give up, what’s the third?

Worked from home. Energy company rescheduled the propane tank pick up from Monday to Tuesday. After work I cleaned the front gutters and cleared a path to the backyard for the truck and hoist they’re using to take the tank away. My vegetable garden book arrived today. Read some of that after dinner. 

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Whatcha reading’?

Morse's Greatest Mystery and Other Stories (Inspector Morse) by Colin Dexter. I'm a huge fan of the Inspector Morse books and TV shows including Endeavour and Inspector Lewis. After this I will have read all the Inspector Morse books.

I recently finished Diddly-Squat by Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear fame. It's his mostly failed attempt to become a farmer during the Covid crisis. Very funny and well received in the UK by farmers as it shows how hard it is to run a farm. 

Rode to work in the rain.  My bike light bounced offas I went down my street.  I noticed at the bottom and had to climb back up.  My neighbor found it in the road and he drove it to my house.  Nice people.

Ordered some pizza for an event.  Gross.  

Orderd some supplies.  Worked on travel arrangements.  Turku?  I think they are insane for planning to go there right now.  I'm going to book refundable for sure! 

Things are going well today.  I am thrilled that it rained.

I did little except look at my cash-flow for the next few months in case my check from State Farm for in-house losses is smaller than expected or delayed more than a couple months.

I don't keep much in regular savings (0.1% interest) and checking (0.1% interest) accounts at my credit union and move stuff into CD's or Series-I Savings Bonds (7.12% interest - adjusts to inflation each 6 months, only 3 month interest penalty if redeemed before 5 years), etc. if I know I'm not going to spend the money within 6 months.

So if I have a large investment or expense - and I've done both recently and will have a couple more related to my yard this Spring, I make sure I'm going to able to pay all my bills without cashing CD's or bonds.  Credit card interest is so ridiculously high these days it should be illegal usury:  I make sure I pay my statements off 100% each month.