So, adjusting to Daylight Savings?

MoseySusan

Arizona folks can disregard this topic. :)

The time difference between ABQ and the Oregon coast was an hour, but only for three days. Then DST started, and it’s like we’re back to ABQ time. Tomorrow when we return to ABQ, we’ll actually start adjusting. 

Actually it did have a little impact for this AZ couple. WoW works from home and her home office is based in NE so she still works on Central time. She now has to be working by 7 am our time and she is NOT a morning person! 
Monday nights we have been watching a live show from a rockabilly wife/husband  couple since the lockdown started. At first it was out of desperation for them since they lost all live gig income so they streamed shows from their living room and asked people contribute what they would at the door of a club with a live band. 
It was successful enough that they still do the show most weeks unless they travel far for their weekend shows. We have developed a community of fans. The shows are at 7:00 Eastern time. A little harder to catch now that it is 4:00 here when they start! 

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Feeling sleepy at 8:00 PM? 

No watching reruns of Daytona motorcycle races with the family. 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

It is only an hour and only twice per year folks!  Sheesh!

When people say that they lost a hour of sleep they still got the normal amount from start to finish. Just the clock changed. 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Chronic fatigue. You never get used to time zone changes but you do get used to feeling tired.  

When I worked swing shift I felt that way that's why I didn't stay at that job. At the spring factory when people were out for vacation or we had some machine that I would have to work on I would work whatever shift was needed. A few times I worked all 3 shifts in one week 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

Getting up in the dark is no fun, getting to ride in the evening is!  I think the adjustment is "fine" except I do like the coffee kicking in to get over the few minutes of morning darkness, and I am going to bed 30+ min later, so need to tweak that a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We didn't change the clock on the wall and I kind of forgot about it.  I ended up timing my day off of it.  I was busy with Olive.  

Trail boss walked in about an hour early and scared me to death.  WHY ARE YOU HERE EARLY?!  :lol:  Dinner isn't ready yet.  

Luckily, it is stove, microwave, and coffee maker that need time changes, so they are all done at the same time and sit near each other so I don't miss one.  Of course, since they are near each other, they need to all change at the same time or I get irritated.  No way I would buy a new appliance to get one tied to an automatic update/atomic clock but that would be nice.  I'll have to check one of my watches, though, as it "knows" to be on DST, but I'm not sure it changed or not.

I was surprised by how light it was when I stopped work last night.  I guess I was also surprised at how dark it was when I got up, but my eyes are usually half shut then anyway, so I noticed it less.

23 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Luckily, it is stove, microwave, and coffee maker that need time changes, so they are all done at the same time and sit near each other so I don't miss one.  Of course, since they are near each other, they need to all change at the same time or I get irritated.  No way I would buy a new appliance to get one tied to an automatic update/atomic clock but that would be nice.  I'll have to check one of my watches, though, as it "knows" to be on DST, but I'm not sure it changed or not.

microwave and stove do not have a clock.  computer and phone is my only option, but I must look at them.  :D

31 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.  Many years ago I printed it out and stuck it to the fridge - back when my kids were little and we had lots of fridge magnets.

When told the reason for daylight saving time the Old Indian said … |  Bobbi's Blog

I blame you and your KIDS for this continued DST nonsense!  "What about dark bus stops" and "kids need to be safe" :angry:  Toughen kids up, and ditch the time changes. Or maximize them for my benefit :) - daylight longer in the evenings.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I blame you and your KIDS for this continued DLS nonsense!  "What about dark bus stops" and "kids need to be safe" :angry:  Toughen kids up, and ditch the time changes. Or maximize them for my benefit :) - daylight longer in the evenings.

Kids wait at the bus stop in their parent's car.  No worries.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I blame you and your KIDS for this continued DST nonsense!  "What about dark bus stops" and "kids need to be safe" :angry:  Toughen kids up, and ditch the time changes. Or maximize them for my benefit :) - daylight longer in the evenings.

Shackleton ruined everything for the rest of us. 

I was going to work in the yard today, but felt a little dragged out.  Yesterday, my walk with Jake was a little exhausting though we only did 2 miles of hills.  I had my last bowlful of homemade chili waiting at home because I had a feeling I'd be tired.

So I'll wait until my body catches up:  We've got a week of great weather ahead so I'll still be a month early doing yardwork when I get to it.