Expanding my snobbery

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Square Wheels,

I just had a caramel macchiato.  I am not sure how I feel about this.  It was nice, but maybe a bit too sweet and caramelly and I am not sure what a macchiato is or how one should taste, so maybe that is the problem.

I need a real coffee snob to come to Texas and show me the ropes.

Any volunteers?

• Heart 4

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

* laughing *  Do you have any idea how many caramel macchiato addicts said the same thing?  

< intervention in the works >

I can stop any time I wanna, I just don't wanna.

And at least I am not like @smudge, sitting around in my PJ's surrounded by moon pies and choco wheels and such.

17 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

Any volunteers?

I haven't had coffee in a long time.  When I do, it's just coffee.  Full strength, not that decaf stuff.  No sugar.  No milk.  Definitely no caramel.   And I have no idea what macchiato is, so it probably is bad for you, none of that either. 

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I haven't had coffee in a long time.  When I do, it's just coffee.  Full strength, not that decaf stuff.  No sugar.  No milk.  Definitely no caramel.   And I have no idea what macchiato is, so it probably is bad for you, none of that either. 

I normally drink my coffee black, or with a bit of half and half or low fat milk.   I splurged today.  I will not do that again.  

• Heart 2

55 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

I just had a caramel macchiato.  I am not sure how I feel about this.  It was nice, but maybe a bit too sweet and caramelly and I am not sure what a macchiato is or how one should taste, so maybe that is the problem.

Any volunteers?

A true snob knows that's not coffee.  It's a splurge drink for my mother.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

Any volunteers?

Macchiato is just foam. 

10 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

Any volunteers?

No. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

Macchiato is just foam. 

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

It’s milk foam with espresso. 

It's kind of sad that you know this. 

Then again...  you lived (now you are a bit farther away, but obviously not far enough) near the epicenter of the Starbucks universe. 

OMG..  I just realized you must be the coffee snob for the forum.  :o

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

OMG..  I just realized you must be the coffee snob for the forum.  :o

Actually that would have been King Termite if he would have joined us. People who understand what a candy bar in a cup is are not exactly coffee snobs. King termite even drank that coffee that was made from coffee beans pooped out of a monkey or some such.

• Thank You 1

10 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

I normally drink my coffee black, or with a bit of half and half or low fat milk.   I splurged today.  I will not do that again.  

I prefer my coffee black, unless it tastes bitter. I have had caramel machiattos a few times, usually as a dessert .

37 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

King termite even drank that coffee that was made from coffee beans pooped out of a monkey or some such

I have had that.  My daughter bought me some in Southeast Asia a couple years ago.  And it was the legit stuff, not the caged and force fed stuff

• Haha 1