Need Ideas

ChrisL

For what to do with over 100 reams of Legal sized paper.

It came back to corporate from numerous sites that didn’t need it.  I was thinking a school but the thinking is nobody uses/needs legal paper. 

It may end up in the garbage but we’re trying to find a good home for it.  Any ideas?

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'd also recommend a school who could likely use it for drawing and practice.

I'm sure a number of not for profits with a small budget could find some purpose for it.

Could you return it to Dunder Miflin?

I had to Google Dunder Mifflin! 😂.    I spose we could ask Staples.  

• Haha 2

In addition to schools, boys and girls clubs, after school programs, shelters and day care centters would likely be able to use them - anything with a program for kids and arts and crafts.

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

For what to do with over 100 reams of Legal sized paper.

It came back to corporate from numerous sites that didn’t need it.  I was thinking a school but the thinking is nobody uses/needs legal paper. 

It may end up in the garbage but we’re trying to find a good home for it.  Any ideas?

Daycare centers, schools, some assisted living places that have art coordinators, homeless shelters

• Heart 1

If your junior high schools are anything like mine were, you could donate the paper to the industrial arts classes. We would have chopped off pieces to make an assortment of cards and stuff like that. We also made little scratch pads of different sizes. We'd clamp the stack and glue one end. You can't have enough paper to train for menial positions in the printing industry.

6 minutes ago, donkpow said:

If your junior high schools are anything like mine were, you could donate the paper to the industrial arts classes. We would have chopped off pieces to make an assortment of cards and stuff like that. We also made little scratch pads of different sizes. We'd clamp the stack and glue one end. You can't have enough paper to train for menial positions in the printing industry.

could you practice hole punching and stapling?

• Hugs 1

I think some schools, especially private ones, would be potentially interested.

One year, I had a bunch of old chemistry books we no longer used that I was told to get rid of. Their information was still up-to-date. I wasn't supposed to do it, but I contacted a nearby Catholic High School who said they'd take them and put them in boxes, put them in my car, and quietly delivered them there myself.

If they could cut them to 8 1/2 x 11 without rough edges that would jam their photocopiers they'd be ok or maybe they could get another company with great tools to do it for them.  They might be able to put legal size stuff in their copiers.

16 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I always hated legal.  I like standard letter 8.5x11 or Tabloid/Ledger 11x17 (basically 2x letter size).