Do you still have any of your wedding gifts?

Wilbur

I don’t know if it was a wedding gift or a engagement gift, or shower gift? but it was something from that “era” of our lives. But my aunt and her daughter gave us a basket with some cooking supplies. Among them was a nice big chrome colander.  It has stood the test of time and made several moves with us. 

I think we still have some candle holders that were put into a box and never used. 

• Heart 3

I think our toaster oven was a wedding gift. Not sure. That was a long time ago. When we moved here thirty years ago and unpacked it it didn’t work. I took it apart to see if I could fix it. I didn’t find anything wrong with it so I put it back together and it has worked ever since.

• Heart 2

A decent amount of things. The coffee brewer bit the dust a few years ago same with the juicer. The coffee grinder is on it's way out now and am looking for replacements. 

We have the silver champagne cups still, gift from Tiffany's corporate, might be worth cashing in some day since neither of us drink champagne often enough to justify having a pair of $1300 glasses.

Can't think anything else specifically survived, it has only been 14 years, but we were fairly broke and had fairly broke friends back then.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Yes, some of them. We eloped so did not get a lot of gifts. 

Same with us. We got 1 gift, a blender/mixer/food processor from my FIL and we had it a good while but we chucked it when it died.  

This May is 29 years married, almost to the big 30 and 35 years together. 

• Heart 1

We still have a few things that don’t get much use, like a pewter wall plaque that says “Give us this day our daily bread” and some Pyrex baking dishes. My in-laws gave us a lot of their old furniture because we had next to nothing between the two of us. That’s all gone by now. 

• Heart 2

Honestly..., I have no idea.  I do remember (it was 1990) getting something like 4 "Breakfast Nooks" (low budget George Foreman Grills) and we returned them all.  I don't remember many other gifts.  

I seem to recall my wife saying something about some stainless vase being a wedding gift everytime she puts flowers out, but I really wasn't paying attention so no idea if it was a gift or not.

• Heart 2