Quote of the Day: Samuel Jackson

maddmaxx

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

"Not everything's made to win an Academy Award."

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

That term comes from the Aesop's Fable where the fox keeps jumping up in the air trying to grab a bunch of grapes hanging above him and fails each time. Finally the fox gives up and says to himself, "Those grapes were probably sour anyway."

That fable is often used to explain what "rationalization" is.

11 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

That term comes from the Aesop's Fable where the fox keeps jumping up in the air trying to grab a bunch of grapes hanging above him and fails each time. Finally the fox gives up and says to himself, "Those grapes were probably sour anyway."

That fable is often used to explain what "rationalization" is.

I don't think that many of the popular adventure movies are aimed at getting rewards.  They are aimed at being an entertaining and profitable movie.  The rewards tend to go more to the artsy and philosophical movies that are supposed to be sending us a message or teaching us something.  That's not to say that those aren't also entertaining, but one has to doubt that the producers of "snakes on a plane" had academy awards in mind when choosing to make that one.

To me, the quote implies that often, perfection gets in the way of doing a job.  Have you ever worked with someone who did perfect work but was always late with a project

• Heart 1