Don’t send me to store for cabbage!

Tizeye

Son sent corned beef slow cooker recipe and we needed cabbage and beer. Wasn’t going to waste Guinness in a slow cooker so got Southwick ale. Walking up to cashier at Publix, totally blacked out not even breaking my fall with a nasty gash (two staples) on head. Came to as EMT was over me and the transported me to ER. Didn’t have phone to call wife (nor my glasses on floor at Publix) used the phone as timer when grilling ribs for dinner and was on patio.

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 4

2 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Son sent corned beef slow cooker recipe and we needed cabbage and beer. Wasn’t going to waste Guinness in a slow cooker so got Southwick ale. Walking up to cashier at Publix, totally blacked out not even breaking my fall with a nasty gash (two staples) on head. Came to as EMT was over me and the transported me to ER. Didn’t have phone to call wife (nor my glasses on floor at Publix) used the phone as timer when grilling ribs for dinner and was on patio.

How much of that ale did you drink?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

After 4 hours, wife called sheriff who treated as missing person as no traffic incidents. Late wife called ER’s and success on third one. As the nurse passed the phone to me, cracked the nurse up when told wife that my girlfriend found out I had a wife, beat me up sending me to ER! Hey, that is better than saying you passed out at Publix!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

How much of that ale did you drink?

After talking to the Publix manager today, I don’t remember it but was apparently tempted by candy bar on lower shelf by cashier. Security camera shows me leaning over then standing back up, taking two steps and collapsing with the syncope episode.

• Sad 2

Now you have something to tell the doctor when they ask when was the last time you fell. I fell once last August when my blood pressure was too low and now every doctor I see asks me when was the last time you fell?

Did you have to wear a yellow bracelet and yellow socks that say “fall risk” on them? I did, they turned on an alarm on my bed if I got out of bed it set off the alarm. They also put rubber pads on the floor around my bed.

• Sad 1

Spent the evening in ER, initially the hallway by the nurses station. Then 2 different private room - they have close to 100 in that ER. CAT scan of head and chest came out unremarkable with no internal bleeds. Sheriff interviewed me in the hallway to make sure I was the missing person. Later a police officer interviewed me…to find out if the sheriff was closing the open report. Uhhhh, I don’t know. Perhaps ask the sheriff????

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

After talking to the Publix manager today, I don’t remember it but was apparently tempted by candy bar on lower shelf by cashier. Security camera shows me leaning over then standing back up, taking two steps and collapsing with the syncope episode.

So what happened to cause it?

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Did you have to wear a yellow bracelet and yellow socks that say “fall risk” on them? I did, they turned on an alarm on my bed if I got out of bed it set off the alarm. They also put rubber pads on the floor around my bed.

I’m not even in a hospital gown! Still wearing my black on black clothing from photo shoot yesterday. That is actually how Publix found me for follow up as forgot to get contact info then noticed logo on shirt and found website contact info. At hospital, hallway and one room didn’t have restrooms so the had to unhook me from monitors and IVs but I walked unassisted down the hallway. Current room on cardiac ward has restroom, and no wires/IV other than halter monitor in my pocket.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I’m not even in a hospital gown! Still wearing my black on black clothing from photo shoot yesterday. That is actually how Publix found me for follow up as forgot to get contact info then noticed logo on shirt and found website contact info. At hospital, hallway and one room didn’t have restrooms so the had to unhook me from monitors and IVs but I walked unassisted down the hallway. Current room on cardiac ward has restroom, and no wires/IV other than halter monitor in my pocket.

Wow, you must rate. I didn’t even bump my head and didn’t call an ambulance, I called my PCP and she told me to come in right now. I drove twenty miles to my PCP, walked in and they took me right away. She took my blood pressure and then she called an ambulance. I would have been better off just to drive to the ER. Of course if you are a walk in you have to wait. When you arrive by ambulance they take you right away.