If you have three million gathering dust

jsharr

You could get in an offer on this house.  Not sure the deal is done, but I heard contract pending for 2.5.

https://candysdirt.com/2022/03/07/lakewoods-lacy-estate-is-available-for-the-first-time-in-50-years/

Needs a bit of updating, but it is close to White Rock Lake, so you can get in a ride, or a sail almost anytime you want.

• Awesome 1

Home was built by a LH Lacy prominent engineer who worked extensively with concrete.  Lacy Construction started in 1919 is still in business today.  https://www.lhlacy.com/
Said to be one of the best built homes in Dallas due to this fact.  He lived there until the house changed hands in 1978, when it was sold to two doctors, now retired.  They second buyers wanted to leave the house as original as possible, which explains the dated interior.
It is on a huge lot in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Dallas.   If I was in the market for a two to three million dollar house, this would be on my short list.  Sadly I am not even in the market for a two or three hundred thousand dollar house.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Apparently the website has a security feature that prevents it from being a website.  I guess Canadian money is not desired. :( 

does this one work in canuckistan?

https://www.axios.com/local/dallas/2022/03/14/legendary-1929-lacy-house-sale-lakewood

• Heart 1

I could knock down a wall or two and have a home and an adjacent indoor drag strip.  :drool:

Unfortunately my 3 million is being held in escrow for another home I purchased in Nigeria that was too good a deal to pass up.  That reminds me, they haven't called with the final details yet.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Your property?

No, I am just a jackwad.  Dude has his house blurred out on all the real estates sites, listed as 500 sq feet, built in 1932....  He blows his yard clippings into the street, same with leaves.  His compost pile basically dumps into a creek.  Just reeks of major or possibly even General level jackwadishness to me.  

I loved the comments on the linked page saying it was "a little small" and then the arguments about a needed addition not marring the look of the house!

It reminds me of the book Richistan (c.2008) by Robert Frank about how out of touch with the rest of America the very rich are.  One wealthy guy was asked what he would advise a homeless person to do with a $50 bill he found. "Well, he could get a skydiving lesson," was the reply.

image.png.6bee065531e566f0153844f601b1f619.png