too much documentation: lawyers

shootingstar

Sheesh. It's a ton of pages to back up everything they say when they submit to court.

I had to print off a ton of pages, etc.  This is all part of formality to sign and to indicate indeed the supporting documentation which was 70 pgs. :( 

I can't imagine for corporate litigation  which is far more complex,  it  requires higher volumes of documentation.  I did work in the legal sector for over 15 yrs., as a law librarian and also in other sectors, did research partially on legal matters.  Sure, I saw stacks of paper documentation when I walked by lawyers' offices.  Electronic world has happened in lawyers' world, but they print off to have real signatures, mark-ups,  etc.  Only certain types of digital signature technologies, are allowed..it gets real complicated when client can't be there in person to sign.

E-records are great...but remember too, you have to OPEN the files to check through the contents of e-documents. A keyword search that highlights excerpts reduces some searching but not necessarily on READING many pages.

10 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Sheesh. It's a ton of pages to back up everything they say when they submit to court.

I had to print off a ton of pages, etc.  This is all part of formality to sign and to indicate indeed the supporting documentation which was 70 pgs. :( 

I can't imagine for corporate litigation  which is far more complex,  it  requires higher volumes of documentation.  I did work in the legal sector for over 15 yrs., as a law librarian and also in other sectors, did research partially on legal matters.  Sure, I saw stacks of paper documentation when I walked by lawyers' offices.  Electronic world has happened in lawyers' world, but they print off to have real signatures, mark-ups,  etc.  Only certain types of digital signature technologies, are allowed..it gets real complicated when client can't be there in person to sign.

E-records are great...but remember too, you have to OPEN the files to check through the contents of e-documents. A keyword search that highlights excerpts reduces some searching but not necessarily on READING many pages.

When I bought a house in 1991, there were something like 60 pages of paper to sign or initial.

When my brother bought his house around 2011, there were something like 200 pages.