YII

Parr8hed

Yesterday I Installed my tire pressure monitor in the tree fiddy. It will monitor the pressure of my camper taars. I also got a back up camera that mounts on the back top of the camper to help me back into tight spaces. Can also monitor behind the camper while driving. 

4C67BEDD-208A-4ACA-80D9-4A6CAB3EF319.thumb.jpeg.05a68fb5432f58ed0164604836b2ff5c.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

yeah but the right rear is high.  Averages out to 61.5, so just about perfect.

Just about.  But is you're doing 75 mph down I65 with the family in a sketchy Ford tow vehicle, is 'just about' good enough?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jsharrwick said:

Not bad.  Airstreams like that are pretty light.  With the right hitch you could probably make it work.  Would def need a trailer brake controlled mounted in the car and a good weight distribution hitch.  I would be worried about the transmission in the car, as well as the car brakes.  If you could upgrade your front brakes to bigger, more powerful brakes and get a transmission cooler it might just do ok.

Or you could just get an f250 and have something designed to pull!

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

Not bad.  Airstreams like that are pretty light.  With the right hitch you could probably make it work.  Would def need a trailer brake controlled mounted in the car and a good weight distribution hitch.  I would be worried about the transmission in the car, as well as the car brakes.  If you could upgrade your front brakes to bigger, more powerful brakes and get a transmission cooler it might just do ok.

The 300 has the same 8 speed ZF and V-8 as many of the Dodge trucks.  Brakes can be upgraded.  There are a ton of big brake kits out their for the platform (300/ challenger / charger).   The hitch would be the hardest to find I think. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Read the article I posted.  Guy tows a 30' Airstream with a V-6 8 speed Chrysler 300 all around your part of the country.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

The 300 has the same 8 speed ZF and V-8 as many of the Dodge trucks.  Brakes can be upgraded.  There are a ton of big brake kits out their for the platform (300/ challenger / charger).   The hitch would be the hardest to find I think. 

https://www.etrailer.com/p-75282.html?hhyear=2018&hhmake=Chrysler&hhmodel=300

Hitch is a class 3 with a 750 lb tongue weight rating.   That camper probably weighs around 4-5 thousand with a 450-500 lb tongue weight.  It would prob work but not give you much leftover room for cargo.

LOL over on one of the snowmobile forums, to add insult to injury, they'll post up pictures taken of snomo trailers in the ditch on the way up north. If I had a dollar for every snowmo trailer I've seen in the ditch along the Wisconsin I 39 corridor, my fuel costs would be covered for most all my trips. Most blame black ice, though I believe speed is usually the main factor. Just because their Super Double Turbo will pull their giant trailer at Ludacris speeds, doesn't mean they should...:frantics:   

roll over 1.jpg

roll over 2.jpg

• Sad 1