So, this is mr.

MoseySusan

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Can you just go without him?

Maybe. Life would be passive aggressive AF afterwards. 
Edit: His first wife disappeared for a month, left him and the very young children without a word. It’s his existential fear that I will leave, also. 

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

54 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Maybe. Life would be passive aggressive AF afterwards. 
Edit: His first wife disappeared for a month, left him and the very young children without a word. It’s his existential fear that I will leave, also. 

Just tell him you will if he keeps that shit up, then tell him to pack for Taos or suggest an alternate.

Does he like to plan his adventure?  For some people , planning a trip and reading about all the different things you can do are part of the fun.  As long as he has some ideas about what the adventure should be, and those ideas are fun for you, it's still good.  But it's also fun to be spontaneous sometimes too. Would he be more open to a spontaneous day adventure that doesn't involve having to pack etc. ?

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Does he like to plan his adventure?  For some people , planning a trip and reading about all the different things you can do are part of the fun.  As long as he has some ideas about what the adventure should be, and those ideas are fun for you, it's still good.  But it's also fun to be spontaneous sometimes too. Would he be more open to a spontaneous day adventure that doesn't involve having to pack etc. ?

I agree. He does like the planning and researching things to do, accommodations, transportation. Not so spontaneous, though. Even local stuff. He prefers to plan. 

• Heart 2

29 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I agree. He does like the planning and researching things to do, accommodations, transportation. Not so spontaneous, though. Even local stuff. He prefers to plan. 

So let him. Give him a whiteboard to write the list and check in with him weekly on when each item is ready for a date on the calendar.  It either draws his attention to his being the limiting factor or it motivates him to get it planned.

27 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So let him. Give him a whiteboard to write the list and check in with him weekly on when each item is ready for a date on the calendar.  It either draws his attention to his being the limiting factor or it motivates him to get it planned.

I’m not manipulative like that. ;) 

Lol… he has systems that keep him on track and organized. Our three week trip around Europe five years ago was amazing. All planned and managed by him. 

• Heart 3

I'm sympathetic because I'm probably more like Mr Mosey.  if I'm going overnight, I want to follow my packing list and plan ahead, and make arrangements for the pet sitter and get snacks that I may want to bring with me ,or travel size shampoo etc.  I like to be spontaneous for a day adventure but not for overnight.

• Heart 2

41 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I’m not manipulative like that. ;) 

Lol… he has systems that keep him on track and organized. Our three week trip around Europe five years ago was amazing. All planned and managed by him. 

It's not manipulative at all (done right).  He has expressed an interest in doing stuff, but spontaneity is also his kryptonite.  By giving him a visual way to choose the adventures and no pressure to do it on anyone's time but his own, you keep it on his radar, and have some idea for yourself what he is wanting to do.  Seeing that "bucket list" can let him wrap his head around it, and really make progress towards something he (and likely you) want - adventures in the near, short, and long term.  

Planning 3 weeks in Europe is a LOT more effort than 3 days in Taos, but both can be on the board. And 1 week in Hawaii, a long weekend in Austin, and a two week road trip to Canada and back.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

Bite your free range plant based tongue!

https://www.eatmasveggies.com/

Boy, that place put me off already.  From the landing page:   "Más Veggies is a vegan taqueria born to satisfy the cravings of conscious Mexican food lovers."  Screw that attitude, that is why people hate on most vegans.  Yeah, like nobody consciously thinks about the issue and decides meat, flavor, and nutrition are for them, geez.  "Oh, look at me, I am so conscious and superior, I don't eat meat".

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Boy, that place put me off already.  From the landing page:   "Más Veggies is a vegan taqueria born to satisfy the cravings of conscious Mexican food lovers."  Screw that attitude, that is why people hate on most vegans.  Yeah, like nobody consciously thinks about the issue and decides meat, flavor, and nutrition for them, geez.  "Oh, look at me, I am so conscious and superior, I don't eat meat".

Fucking woke ass vegans 

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Boy, that place put me off already.  From the landing page:   "Más Veggies is a vegan taqueria born to satisfy the cravings of conscious Mexican food lovers."  Screw that attitude, that is why people hate on most vegans.  Yeah, like nobody consciously thinks about the issue and decides meat, flavor, and nutrition for them, geez.  "Oh, look at me, I am so conscious and superior, I don't eat meat".

Unconscious people wouldn’t want any tacos. 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Boy, that place put me off already.  From the landing page:   "Más Veggies is a vegan taqueria born to satisfy the cravings of conscious Mexican food lovers."  Screw that attitude, that is why people hate on most vegans.  Yeah, like nobody consciously thinks about the issue and decides meat, flavor, and nutrition are for them, geez.  "Oh, look at me, I am so conscious and superior, I don't eat meat".

Yep - women got the vote by staying quiet :)  

17 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

It's not manipulative at all (done right).  He has expressed an interest in doing stuff, but spontaneity is also his kryptonite.  By giving him a visual way to choose the adventures and no pressure to do it on anyone's time but his own, you keep it on his radar, and have some idea for yourself what he is wanting to do.  Seeing that "bucket list" can let him wrap his head around it, and really make progress towards something he (and likely you) want - adventures in the near, short, and long term.  

Planning 3 weeks in Europe is a LOT more effort than 3 days in Taos, but both can be on the board. And 1 week in Hawaii, a long weekend in Austin, and a two week road trip to Canada and back.

I'm a planner too. This actually sounds fun. Now I wanna plan and go places!! Dang it!

• Heart 1