Excited about lunch

Dirtyhip

8 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I stocked the freezer and made some last weekend. We have some servings to go through.  Isn't lasagna better the next day?  It seems that way to me.

I don't know about it being better the next day, all of it is excellent everyday.  I used a combo of cottage and goat cheese with mozzarella and romano, plus fresh asparagus, fresh spinach, fresh mushrooms, a whole red and green pepper, onion, and kalamata olive chunks.  Yay!

What else can I make that has a lot of veggies in it and stores well?

• Heart 2

18 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I don't know about it being better the next day, all of it is excellent everyday.  I used a combo of cottage and goat cheese with mozzarella and romano, plus fresh asparagus, fresh spinach, fresh mushrooms, a whole red and green pepper, onion, and kalamata olive chunks.  Yay!

What else can I make that has a lot of veggies in it and stores well?

Not sure about storing well.  How about just making a salad in a to go box?  I made mine last night.  It was all chopped and ready to go this morning.  I quite like making ramen soup and taking it the next morning.  About one day is the lifespan of soup with veggies, unless you are talking about squash soup.  That keeps pretty good.  

8 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Not sure about storing well.  How about just making a salad in a to go box?  I made mine last night.  It was all chopped and ready to go this morning.  I quite like making ramen soup and taking it the next morning.  About one day is the lifespan of soup with veggies, unless you are talking about squash soup.  That keeps pretty good.  

I would never take a salad anywhere, you have to have those made fresh or they get all crappy.  I honestly don't understand how people ask for salad in a doggy bag, gross!

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I would never take a salad anywhere, you have to have those made fresh or they get all crappy.  I honestly don't understand how people ask for salad in a doggy bag, gross!

It is totally doable.  Chop up the veg and place it in the container dry.  Bring a separate container for dressing.  A separate container for nuts/toppings.  Mine was very crisp.  Super simple of just lettuce carrot and some parmesean.  I mixed it up here. I even brought it on my bike.  No issues.  

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is totally doable.  Chop up the veg and place it in the container dry.  Bring a separate container for dressing.  A separate container for nuts/toppings.  Mine was very crisp.  Super simple of just lettuce carrot and some parmesean.  I mixed it up here. I even brought it on my bike.  No issues.  

That sounds too high maintenance to me, I would just go nextdoor and get the special salad and call it good.

On 3/18/2022 at 2:09 PM, Dirtyhip said:

Salad and leftover polenta.  I really really LOVE Neuman's creamy caesar dressing.  It is very tangy.  :D

I'm keeping an eye on my 13 year-old nephew, though he doesn't really need it, in a couple hours.

I asked him if he wanted me to cook dinner, bring some of my frozen, homemade soups over, or go out to eat or pick-up to eat at home.

He wanted restaurant stuff and there's a great Italian ma-pa restaurant 3 minutes from his house.  I think we'll order from there and watch NCAA basketball at home - until he gets tired and plays online games with his friends.

• Heart 2

Just got home from church. She has something serious she wants to talk to me about before she makes a commitment so I’m going to meet her halfway. I suspect she is worried about my health and she doesn’t want to watch another husband die. I don’t know what to tell her. I can’t make any guarantees but I’ll try my best not to die on her. Lol.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Just got home from church. She has something serious she wants to talk to me about before she makes a commitment so I’m going to meet her halfway. I suspect she is worried about my health and she doesn’t want to watch another husband die. I don’t know what to tell her. I can’t make any guarantees but I’ll try my best not to die on her. Lol.

I’m ready for Episode 2 where you tell us how the serious talk went. :popcorn:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

I’m ready for Episode 2 where you tell us how the serious talk went. :popcorn:

Ok, I am floating around the room with a smile on my face. She said she is not worried about me she was worried about telling me about her past. She wanted to meet me at my house and I drove us to the bike trail. We walked for ten miles while she told me all about her past. None of it was an issue for me. What is past is past. I brought her back to my house and cooked a pork loin on the grill and baked a couple sweet potatoes. We ate dinner and then she needed to get back to Ravenna. I got my first kiss and lots of hugs and then I walked her out to her car I got my second kiss.
I found out she was a cheerleader in college. And I found out she doesn’t like my road.🤪😍🥰😘

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2