Not sure how I survived

Parr8hed

23 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I'm not sure I'd survive the 16.7 mpg.     :frantics:     I'll keep my Prius for a while.  

image.png.f82a75a3eb2f06fdc8ee5db92642b0ca.png

Maybe you need to by a used Honda to save money?  ;)

You should have seen that number back when I pulled the camper with this truck!

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Heck, even I have battery powered tire warmers.  I usually set them for 175 though.  That might be a bit much.

I remember the old traction compounds. After a day at the track, we were all saturated with the smell of solvent and wintergreen oil!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, groupw said:

I remember the old traction compounds. After a day at the track, we were all saturated with the smell of solvent and wintergreen oil!

For me these days it's the smell of Simple Green and WD40.  I haven't gotten into the newest traction compounds for drag racing yet.  The only bottle I have is home brew and called Goat's Milk.  It doesn't smell but if you get any on you things will stick to you all day.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

For me these days it's the smell of Simple Green and WD40.  I haven't gotten into the newest traction compounds for drag racing yet.  The only bottle I have is home brew and called Goat's Milk.  It doesn't smell but if you get any on you things will stick to you all day.

Many of the tracks went to “no odor” compounds shortly after I stopped racing so I have no experience with them. I kept my 1/12th scale electric and 1/8th gas car strictly for display when I moved. I have no radio or electronics for them. 

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

You should have seen that number back when I pulled the camper with this truck!

When I had my Land Rover, most days 13 to 14 mpg was a good day.   When I pulled a 6X12 U-Haul trailer from time to time,  12 to 13 mpg was the usual. I never noticed trailer being towed.  It was like it didn't matter if I was pulling a trailer or not.  

My 2010 Subaru, 26 mpg is a good day.   When I pulled our 5X8 cargo trailer,  11 to 12 mpg was normal.    I feel the trailer in the Subaru.

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, groupw said:

Many of the tracks went to “no odor” compounds shortly after I stopped racing so I have no experience with them. I kept my 1/12th scale electric and 1/8th gas car strictly for display when I moved. I have no radio or electronics for them. 

The carpet days 12 scale were oil of wintergreen all the way.  I loved those days at the big shows.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

When I had my Land Rover, most days 13 to 14 mpg was a good day.   When I pulled a 6X12 U-Haul trailer from time to time,  12 to 13 mpg was the usual. I never noticed trailer being towed.  It was like it didn't matter if I was pulling a trailer or not.  

My 2010 Subaru, 26 mpg is a good day.   When I pulled our 5X8 cargo trailer,  11 to 12 mpg was normal.    I feel the trailer in the Subaru.

This truck gets about 7-8 pulling the camper.  I can get about 12-13 with the big truck pulling the camper.  I was right around 13 all the way out to Colorado pulling the 8X12 enclosed utility trailer until I started going up the mountains in Kansas.  It dropped to about 10 going up the Rockies.  I knew the camper was behind the 150 but I can hardly feel it behind the 350.  I could not tell the utility trailer was behind me at all.  Going out across Kansas pulling that thing the truck rode so well.  It wanted to run 90 mph the whole way.  I had to set cruise to keep myself out of trouble.   

• Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, 2Far said:

My truck has seat warmer. 

My remote start trump a warmed steering wheel. 

And before anyone mocks my remote start, my company gas card covers it. 

I would never mock a remote start.  When I leave the house at 4:30 am most days it would be nice to have a warm vehicle with warm seats and a warm wheel and not have to go out once to start it and wait.  

• Heart 1