Chess is fun

Randomguy

I have been playing on chess.com on DH's suggestion.  I hadn't played in decades, so I sucked at first, and now I suck less.  When I think about it, I might suck the same, but I am making far fewer outright blunders.

I have been playing the 10 minute games where they match you up with players of similar abilities.  The games are definitely getting harder as my rating gets higher!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

What's your user name there? I'm Jerry_STL. I like the 14 day games.

Randomguy7742.

I have a hard time with games that go beyond a single sitting.  I play far better in the flow of the game, rather than bouncing around and trying to figure out later where I was going with a game.  I will look you up, but probably have to get busy doing a few things before I head over to the gf's apartment.  

I guess I can be challenged at this link:  https://chess.com/play/Randomguy7742

23 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have been playing on chess.com on DH's suggestion.  I hadn't played in decades, so I sucked at first, and now I suck less.  When I think about it, I might suck the same, but I am making far fewer outright blunders.

I have been playing the 10 minute games where they match you up with players of similar abilities.  The games are definitely getting harder as my rating gets higher!

Yeah! I've been on chess.com for some time and am a member of Team USA, Team USA Southeast, and Team Maryland.

If you like 1-3 day/move games (usually more than a move per day) the State or Province teams often have players of all abilities and you tend to get matched up with a similar skill player.

There are also tutorials available on chess.com and even with the least expensive membership you get 3 lessons/week and 25 puzzles/week.

A big thrill for me was when I joined team USA Southeast on chess.com and won both of my games against a Russian from Team Moscow.  Most games among class B or higher players end before actual checkmate by one player resigning since it's clear the players know how to achieve it, but poor Hamlet Alexsanyan must have hated losing to me so much he dragged it out to checkmate in each game!

Game where I had White move by move (French Defense, Advance Variation): https://www.chess.com/game/daily/161623414

image.thumb.png.1f5586e18b4750d1d8083d122a8a1dff.png

Game where I had Black move by move (I played the Slav Defense against a Slav!): https://www.chess.com/game/daily/161623416

image.thumb.png.3f43ea3ad3533c0a081d951e9d6c2c7e.png

• Heart 2