🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Reveal hidden contents

Roast

Renig

Renew

YUCK!  But good work otherwise.

I hate words I can't use in a sentence.

Spoiler

Scary to think we eventually make errors, idiocy, and/or racist crap legitimate :(

image.png.ed941025fb5f215bc8c1d5d4c648d49a.png

• Heart 1

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I hate words I can't use in a sentence.

VerbEdit

renig (third-person singular simple presentrenigs, present participle renigging, simple past and past participle renigged)

1. (US, colloquial, dated) To renege.

“Renig is a 5 letter word that means “renege”, a form of the Old English word “regnig”. That’s my sentence.

It was late, I wanted to go to sleep, I needed to get and “e” and and “I” while keeping the “R” in place, and Wordle accepted it. :dontknow:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

“Renig is a 5 letter word that means “renege”, a form of the Old English word “regnig”. That’s my sentence.

It was late, I wanted to go to sleep, I needed to get and “e” and and “I” while keeping the “R” in place, and Wordle accepted it. :dontknow:

Wordle needs to add an "accept" but "penalize" option to their Hard mode.

For example, I enter FRAGE - it "accepts" it - ie it checks against the answer, sees it is not the answer, sees it is not a word (a stricter word list), and it advances to the next line with all blocks (besides ones discovered already) shown as RED (vs yellow or green).  IOW, you blow your chance for that round completely by using an invalid word.

Personally, I'd apply that to all the "archaic" and non-regular variations of a word. 

Sure, I'd leave it for the regular/easy mode, but 100% make that part of hard mode.

image.png.26d540c28947e0a22c330761b4207ccf.png

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

IOW, you blow your chance for that round completely by using an invalid word.

And those letters remain in play? 

I’m not convinced that improves the game, which is to make use of six attempts to match the day’s word choice. 

16 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

And those letters remain in play? 

Of course. They could be valid letter(s), just part of an invalid word.  Couldn't solve GRIPE if the E and R were removed from play.  All you know from the FRAGE example is that you picked an invalid word and lost a turn. 

I’m not convinced that improves the game, which is to make use of six attempts to match the day’s word choice. 

In easy mode, yeah, help folks to use real words.  But to me, in hard mode, it would be nice if, when you type in an invalid word, you get penalized.  They have easy & hard, and to me, make hard mean a bit more, and make the game a bit more challenging.  I don't see how having a "spellcheck" helps the game, and actually think it reduces the challenge a bit letting folks get away with invalid words (no penalty) vs a wasted guess approach.