Jackfruit Pot Pie

Airehead

I read that  cooked properly jackfruit is bursting with flavor, succulent and juicy, with crispy edges that can rival any barbecued pork on the market. When not cooked properly, jackfruit can be bitter, watery, and bland.

53 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I read that  cooked properly jackfruit is bursting with flavor, succulent and juicy, with crispy edges that can rival any barbecued pork on the market. When not cooked properly, jackfruit can be bitter, watery, and bland.

I did not appreciate how good it could be until I ate at a vegan restaurant. It’s a great— arguably the best — meat substitute. 

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I think we all know how mine would come out. :whistle:

• Hugs 1

My dad liked it and ate it raw but I honestly don’t remember much about it. My mom didn’t have it around after he died.  

As I was typing the above my memory was of him cutting it in 1/2 & scooping out little pods of fruit  with a spoon.  I UTFG and came upon this image which is what I had envisioned.

BD3CD862-608D-4E6B-A99E-D9C61EA70960.jpeg.8b348946a2e0e96df9bdc2e4bede3e59.jpeg

• Awesome 1