Taxes are finally done

Dirtyhip

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We are getting back a chunk of change.  This is good, as we need to replenish the emergency fund.  I had a garden emergency this year.  :D

I sent off my pile of files to the tax guy.  I expect a refund - and another stiff talking too for having that refund :(  We'll see, but I am happy that it is out of my hands for now.

• Heart 1

I shipped mine off to the tax guys a few weeks ago and got the draft documents this weekend.  I need to go to the post office today to mail back the signed forms authorizing them to file as well as their payment.

• Heart 2

On 3/21/2022 at 8:36 AM, Kirby said:

I shipped mine off to the tax guys a few weeks ago and got the draft documents this weekend.  I need to go to the post office today to mail back the signed forms authorizing them to file as well as their payment.

I was annoyed I had to print off mine, because there's a mandatory form/notice  from another govn't dept. to attach. I cannot submit two separate files online. For the first time in a decade, I had  to use snail mail. My refund is smaller this yr., due to some life changes last yr., etc. Well, no one can plan everything in life and forecast what may happen.

On 3/21/2022 at 9:04 AM, donkpow said:

I'm glad you brought this up because I still have to do city taxes paperwork. It slipped my mind.

I never knew this.  :facepalm:   I only had to deal with Fed and State income tax.

I guess this is more common that I ever knew.   https://www.thebalance.com/cities-that-levy-income-taxes-3193246

9 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...thank you for reminding me that I have not filed ours yet. :(

You are welcome.  I had a freak out moment last year.  I thought we forgot.  We had so much going on with the build that I thought we missed it.  I called our tax lady in June freaking out.  We were living in the box and travel trailer with limited record accessibility.  She said, "I would never let you forget that."  She is wonderful.