Matt Ryan To Colts

ChrisL

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Hmm I actually like the trade for the Colts.  I’m guessing ATL is rebuilding now?

I do too.  There was talk about D Watson from the Texans early but they would not trade him in our division.  I was excited about that one, but almost more so about this one.  With the Colts pretty decent defense and one of (if not THE) best running back in the game last year, this really should give us a decent shot at doing something this year. 

I think it's good trade. 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

According to the Bleacher Report, the two most likely to trade for Mayfield are the Saints and the Panthers.   

Quick look and ESPN says Panthers or Texans.  I haven't been following all the openings and signings.  What are the Seahawks doing?

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I’m guessing ATL is rebuilding now?

Gawd, I hope so. They've been crap since the epic collapse.

Calvin Ridley has been suspended for a year for gambling on Falcruds games while taking a break for his mental health. Ya can't make this shit up.

Just now, 2Far said:

Gawd, I hope so. They've been crap since the epic collapse.

Calvin Ridley has been suspended for a year for gambling on Falcruds games while taking a break for his mental health. Ya can't make this shit up.

In other news, it's supposed to be a so-so year for QBs in the draft, so another instance of excellent timing by the home team.

16 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I have read that some of the experts believe Seattle is a very good possibility.  

Seahawks or the Panther's, my money is on the Panthers of those two.  Maybe a surprise team like the Eagles?  Hurts won't like it.  Lions?  They'd have to get rid of Goff.  

Musical chairs, the chairs are filling up!  Even with a weak QB class, there are going to be some teams overdrafting.  This has been a very interesting offseason!

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

TBH my first thought was who cares about Jim “don’t call me Chrissy” Everett!  😂.   He never broke through as the #1 TE with the Rams but I’m glad he’s still playing.  

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

Looks like the Lambs did what Seattle did. Mortgage their future by paying their quarterback.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33548189/sources-los-angeles-rams-lock-qb-matthew-stafford-160m-extension?platform=amp

Until they show me otherwise I’m not worried about it.

The national media keeps running their mouths about the lack of 1st round picks and leveraging their future with expensive FA’s but they seem to have the cap managed really well and keep finding ways to stay competitive.

The one thing I never hear is how many 2-4 round draft pick starters they have.  Their player selections & development don’t get the credit they deserve. 

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Quick look and ESPN says Panthers or Texans.  I haven't been following all the openings and signings.  What are the Seahawks doing?

They seem to be locked on Lock. The word is they think he had a rough go with all the coaching changes in Denver. But I suspect they’re targeting next year’s draft for their guy.  This year will most likely be a get me through the season guy. My best guess. But for now they are behind Lock. 

12 minutes ago, Dottles said:

They seem to be locked on Lock. The word is they think he had a rough go with all the coaching changes in Denver. But I suspect they’re targeting next year’s draft for their guy.  This year will most likely be a get me through the season guy. My best guess. But for now they are behind Lock. 

I completely forgot that they got him.  He is forgettable, eh.

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I completely forgot that they got him.  He is forgettable, eh.

Yeah, he is.  But apparently when he came out of Mizzou, they were really interested in him.  It's more Pete and John trying to find diamonds in the rough.  Sometimes they hit on them, but as of late, they've been whiffing.

21 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Hmm I actually like the trade for the Colts.  I’m guessing ATL is rebuilding now?

NFL.com says: The Falcons moved fast to address the QB position, agreeing to a two-year contract for Marcus Mariota as a potential immediate replacement for Ryan in Atlanta. Falcons coach Arthur Smith has history with Mariota from their time shared in Tennessee.

Despite the upcoming class of quarterbacks lacking true impact player power, it's fair to believe the Falcons might also spend their first-round pick in April on a quarterback. Atlanta is in the midst of a rebuild and is up against the salary cap ceiling, with just $71,282 in cap space before the Ryan trade, per Over The Cap. The trade saves the Falcons roughly $9 million in cap space, but also forces Atlanta to carry over $40 million in dead cap for the 2022 season. The Colts picked up Ryan's $7.5 million roster bonus and added guarantees to the entirety of his two-year deal that has nearly $54 million left overall, Rapoport added.

Ryan has passed for over 4000 yards in 10 of the last 11 years, missing last year by 32 yards but with a 20 TD to 12 INT ratio.

I don't think ATL figures Mariota is in the same class as Ryan, but the QB's in the draft aren't rated high, so maybe they're looking at getting a new QB in 2023.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I don't think ATL figures Mariota is in the same class as Ryan, but the QB's in the draft aren't rated high, so maybe they're looking at getting a new QB in 2023.

He's not, the draft this year blows for impact QBs, and I'd agree with you that they are looking to next year.

This is the same boat Seattle is in regarding the QB.