Monday Dinner

Airehead

I had some takeout chicken tikka.  The exciting thing is that it was from a restaurant a few towns over that I liked, but the last time I tried to order from it 2 years ago, it appeared the restaurant was closed for good, then the pandemic happened and I didn't even think to check if it ever reopened.  I was doing some grocery shopping near there last weekend and thought to check and was delighted to find it was open (with what seemed to be new owners) but the menu and food seemed just like before. :hapydance:

• Heart 3

BBQ ribs on grill

More important, salad included fresh picked lettuce and radishes from garden. A little too early for tomatoes that are just beyond bloom with early formation. Same with fresh beans as a side as just laid some screen for them to climb.

Had to re-plant corn yesterday. Broke soil about 3-4" and yesterday entire row was destroyed. Assume it was something like mole crickets so taking preventative measures with this planting.

• Heart 1

I made enough dough in my new automatic breadmaker for two 12" pizzas, this time using 1.5 cups bread flour and 1.5 cups whole wheat flour - which made for a great crust!

I saved half for another day.

450°, brushed the pan and top of crust with olive oil, baked the crust alone for 5 minutes, then 8 oz. Prego Chunky Garden spaghetti sauce, 5 oz. mozzarella, a sprinking of Parmesan, half a small sliced onion, 9 thin slices of turkey pepperoni, and 4 half-ounce, frozen, precooked, Italian meatballs nuked for 30 seconds then cut in thirds, then back in the oven for 11 minutes.

Crust was crispy but still a little soft!  Great pizza!  2/3 of it is 1000 Calories, but it didn't spike my blood sugar very much!  The last 1/3 is lunch today.

Homemade chicken soup with noodles for dinner tonight - and for easy nuked dinners the rest of the week: my BiL is having a lung lobe removed tomorrow at Johns Hopkins and I may be too tired to cook when I get home each day for a while.

I looked at using 29 oz. of diced, fresh tomatoes vs 29 oz. of canned, diced tomatoes and it doesn't make a lot of difference per 26 oz. bowl in the key categories for Fresh vs Canned: 533 vs 547 Cal, 517 vs 692 mg Na, 54 vs 56.5 net Carbs.  So if I don't have fresh tomatoes on hand, I'll use canned rather than make a special run to the store.

image.thumb.png.a57885acdac6d28e9e90b9939d9b8bc6.png