Tuesdays are terrific!

Airehead

Off to a good start. Leftover vegetables from March 17. Onion, potatoes, cabbage, and some carrots; coarsely chopped. I had one piece of smoked brisket in the freezer I thawed overnight. Trimmed and diced that. Rendered two slices of diced bacon in the cast iron skillet then added the smoked brisket until hot. Added chopped vegetables and mixed that up and made another cup of coffee. A nice fond formed on the bottom of the pan and I deglazed that at low heat with black coffee. Red eye hash at 6 Ayem. 

• Heart 3

5 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

We’ve got snow! :hapydance:

The other extreme, even for Florida. Went to a glass blowing class. A Groupon present son got us. I made a bowl, wife made vase shown below. Pick both up tomorrow. It was hot!

415DB0D7-1937-47D9-A042-2CA35EC35D65.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

5 hours ago, Tizeye said:

The other extreme, even for Florida. Went to a glass blowing class. A Groupon present son got us. I made a bowl, wife made vase shown below. Pick both up tomorrow. It was hot!

415DB0D7-1937-47D9-A042-2CA35EC35D65.jpeg

What an excellent adventure. Would you try again?

15 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

Do you have a plan for them? They’re too nice for a place to toss spare change.

10 hours ago, Airehead said:

What an excellent adventure. Would you try again?

I pick up the finished products today after overnight cooldown. Will probably start a dedicated thread. Will probably keep the bowl. I didn't blend it with a second mixture so is more translucent. Will make classy display for fruit or nuts, etc. Wife will probably give vase to daughter when she visits in a couple of weeks. Hers had a second exterior blend called "birthday" and yesterday was our grandson's 6th birthday.

Do again? I was fun, but a bit pricey. Strongly recommend but may look for other adventures. Son (and sometimes jointly with daughter) have a habit of giving gifts of Groupon experiences include oil painting class (at least we didn't have to show glassblowing results to entire class), wildlife safari, diner food sampling walking tour, helicopter ride in Alps, paddlewheel dinner cruise, and jointly was a dinner and concert at Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna.

• Awesome 1