Ok, what is your answer?

Randomguy

19 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Then each row would have one of each outer shape and one of each inner shape and color. 

D also but not due to the color. I'm looking at each row and column each having a different outer shape and inner shape.

Otherwise I'd go for E - All the above.

10 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I didn’t look at columns. Just rows. 

Yeah - this is one of the DON'T OVERTHINK IT types of puzzles where the "easy" answer IS the answer.  The first three options - A, B, & C are absolute non-starters without a larger pattern.  D is good, but also could be picked apart if there were more patterns.  This one seems to only care that 1) the center shape is the outer shape in the next block horizontally, 2) that the fill color (black, gray, or white) is unique per row, and 3) that patterns/rules in row 1 and row 2 apply for row 3.

D is the only one that could be right, so it must be right in this case.  

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

This one seems to only care that 1) the center shape is the outer shape in the next block horizontally, 2) that the fill color (black, gray, or white) is unique per row, and 3) that patterns/rules in row 1 and row 2 apply for row 3.

I agree that it has pattern. I’m wondering whether the pattern is also a grammar and whether it conveys meaning. @Old No. 7’s response gives the shapes meaning. 

• Thank You 1

D.  Triangle with a box inside is the missing piece to complete three groups.

Now that I've read the rest of the thread I'm with Susan.  Three boxes with circles inside.  Three circles with triangles inside.  An incomplete group of 2 triangles with squares inside to be completed with another.

Being an engineering type, I tend to answer non-verbal intelligence questions based on spatial or other physical relations, or reducing the question to it's literal expression.

I don't know why none of you people bothered to answer the question, and instead blathered on about the nonsense pictures

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, 12string said:

Being an engineering type, I tend to answer non-verbal intelligence questions based on spatial or other physical relations, or reducing the question to it's literal expression.

I don't know why none of you people bothered to answer the question, and instead blathered on about the nonsense pictures

If I was going to give an engineering answer it would have been 42

• Heart 1