I've wanted one of these 🚗

bikeman564™

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

:default_sissy-fight-smiley:I liked the solstice :)  the roundyness of the body looks like a lil roadster

I like both. I was bummed to see them go (along with Pontiac - not so much Saturn).

I still see them periodically.  A shame the market is really only the Miata (a great car) and then Porsche & BMW ($$$).  S2000 was cool too, but sales must have stunk.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I like both. I was bummed to see them go (along with Pontiac - not so much Saturn).

I still see them periodically.  A shame the market is really only the Miata (a great car) and then Porsche & BMW ($$$).  S2000 was cool too, but sales must have stunk.

I hear ya. I just seen Solstice the other day, and a guy at work's wife has a red convertible one.

The Solstice competes w/ the Miata, and was faster and better handling from what I remember reading, but Miata has larger following/history. If not for the demise of Pontiac it may of been something larger.

The Sky looks to blingy IMO, and I think it could of been badged as a Buick. Not sure why they chose Saturn.

38 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Automatic and 4 cylinder?  Pass.  

Cool looking car though. 

They came as manuals, too.  5 speed.  Probably not a high %age of sales, but if you wanted one, they're out there.  I would definitely opt for a manual in those cars.  Sort of the reason for a small convertible - fun drives.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have alway told my wife when I saw a little two seater that that is what I need. One day at a Honda dealership she said if I could fit in it she would buy it for me. I didn’t fit.🙁

I'd be interested in whether a S2000, Miata, or some other convertible would fit you.  Seems like longer seat rails might be a possibility if there was enough storage space behind the seats, but most manufacturers wouldn't do that from the factory.

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have alway told my wife when I saw a little two seater that that is what I need. One day at a Honda dealership she said if I could fit in it she would buy it for me. I didn’t fit.🙁

Years ago at work, I was chatting w/ our (now retired) account manager aboot the new vette at the time. I said, "buy one". He said, "now that I can afford one, I can't fit in the damn thing" :D

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I'd be interested in whether a S2000, Miata, or some other convertible would fit you.  Seems like longer seat rails might be a possibility if there was enough storage space behind the seats, but most manufacturers wouldn't do that from the factory.

In one of the Police Academy movies someone was going to teach Hightower to drive in this tiny little car that had a back seat. He couldn’t fit behind the wheel so he took out the front seat and sat in the back seat to drive.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Years ago at work, I was chatting w/ our (now retired) account manager aboot the new vette at the time. I said, "buy one". He said, "now that I can afford one, I can't fit in the damn thing" :D

I have never been able to fit in any Corvette. I haven’t tried in years but when I was a mechanic I always had to have one of the shorter mechanics drive it in the shop so I could work on it.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

My FiL bought my MiL a little Mercedes convertible for Christmas one year, and it was not a good option for older folks with limited flexibility. Watching them get in and out of that low, low, low car was always a hoot.  Gotta try them out before buying :)  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

My FiL bought my MiL a little Mercedes convertible for Christmas one year, and it was not a good option for older folks with limited flexibility. Watching them get in and out of that low, low, low car was always a hoot.  Gotta try them out before buying :)  

but once in, you're lookin' good 😎

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2022 at 9:23 AM, Longjohn said:

Miata’s depend so much on your proportions. My BIL is 6’2” and long in the torso. With the top down, his sight line is blocked by the top of the windshield frame! 
On the other hand a young woman who modeled for me is 6’3” and mostly leg. We took it to a shoot and she fit in the car comfortably! 
I have heard of taller people doing a foamectomy on the seat bottom so they can fit. 
I liked the Solstice and Sky. A friend of mine has a Solstice and she loves it. She’s a doctor and very attractive. She gets self-conscious driving it with the top down. She feels like she’s flaunting her wealth and position even though I know how she and her husband scrapped to get where they are. 

8 minutes ago, groupw said:

Miata’s depend so much on your proportions. My BIL is 6’2” and long in the torso. With the top down, his sight line is blocked by the top of the windshield frame! 
On the other hand a young woman who modeled for me is 6’3” and mostly leg. We took it to a shoot and she fit in the car comfortably! 
I have heard of taller people doing a foamectomy on the seat bottom so they can fit. 
I liked the Solstice and Sky. A friend of mine has a Solstice and she loves it. She’s a doctor and very attractive. She gets self-conscious driving it with the top down. She feels like she’s flaunting her wealth and position even though I know how she and her husband scrapped to get where they are. 

The length of one's trunk determines where the head is in the interior.  Women tend to have long legs in relation to their height and men long trunks.

• Heart 1