The world continues to go crazy, NFL edition

Randomguy

Report: Chiefs want at least two first-round picks for Tyreek Hill

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 23, 2022, 11:45 AM EDT

The Packers received a first-round pick and a second-round pick from the Raiders for receiver Davante Adams last week.

Las Vegas then signed Adams to a deal that was reportedly five years and $141.25 million, though as a practical matter it’s more like a three-year $67.5 million deal.

Hill is likely seeking to be paid like Adams, if not more than him. Hill caught 111 passes for 1,239 yards with nine touchdowns last season for the Chiefs. He’s also a clear, integral part of the Kansas City offense, which Robinson reports is likely a factor in what the Chiefs would like in a deal.

The Jets or Dolphins have emerged as likely destinations for Hill. Neither has a receiver of Hill’s caliber on their roster.

UPDATE 12:08 p.m. ET: A source with knowledge of Kansas City’s thinking has told PFT that the club is not seeking two first-rounders. Instead, the Chiefs would like a first-round pick and a second-round pick for Hill. That’s what the Raiders received in the Adams trade.

Well, that was fast!

---------------------------------

Chiefs trading Tyreek Hill to Dolphins

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 23, 2022, 12:47 PM EDT

Tyreek Hill‘s talents are headed to South Beach.

The Chiefs are trading Hill to the Dolphins in exchange for five draft selections.

Kansas City will receive a 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 fourth-round pick, 2023 fourth-round pick, and 2023 sixth-round pick in exchange for Hill.

The Dolphins are also expected to give Hill a contract that guarantees him $70 million over the next three seasons. Hill leaves Kansas City as one of the best receivers in franchise history. He is fourth on the team’s all-time list with 479 receptions, fifth with 6,630 yards, and fourth with 56 receiving touchdowns.

A fifth-round pick in the 2016 draft, Hill made the Pro Bowl in each of his six seasons and was a first-team All-Pro three times — twice as a receiver and once as a returner.  Hill caught 111 passes for 1,239 yards with nine touchdowns in 2021.  Now he’ll pair with Jaylen Wadle to form a strong receiver tandem in the AFC East.

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Is that considered kind of his thing?

I get confused easily.  Is it YOU or HIM that has PRI???  Or both of you?  I was gonna say "his thing" was riddled with PRI, but now I might be accidentally insulting you and "your thing". :(

20 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I get confused easily.  Is it YOU or HIM that has PRI???  Or both of you?  I was gonna say "his thing" was riddled with PRI, but now I might be accidentally insulting you and "your thing". :(

RG has PRI.  I have ATS (attention whore syndrome)

In a more series response, I think it was a good trade for the Chiefs.  They can't pay Hill and Mahomes that kind of money.  The Chiefs are going to get younger and bank on Mahomes no matter who he throws to -- as they should.  Plus they just got a bunch of draft picks including a first round.  I honestly do not see how this raises the Dolphins at all and in the end, I predict they will continue to flounder and have a big ass contract to a wide receiver.

4 hours ago, Dottles said:

In a more series response, I think it was a good trade for the Chiefs.  They can't pay Hill and Mahomes that kind of money.  The Chiefs are going to get younger and bank on Mahomes no matter who he throws to -- as they should.  Plus they just got a bunch of draft picks including a first round.  I honestly do not see how this raises the Dolphins at all and in the end, I predict they will continue to flounder and have a big ass contract to a wide receiver.

Post image

• Haha 1