Quick Update

Zealot

Keep chipping away at this and get better.  We're pulling for you, and you seem to be doing what you can to get a handle on it.  Yeah - it has to be tough (for you and the medical folks) putting the puzzle pieces together without having a clear idea of what the final picture even looks like.  You'll get there, but hopefully sooner rather than later and with a positive outcome!

• Heart 2

32 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Keep chipping away at this and get better.  We're pulling for you, and you seem to be doing what you can to get a handle on it.  Yeah - it has to be tough (for you and the medical folks) putting the puzzle pieces together without having a clear idea of what the final picture even looks like.  You'll get there, but hopefully sooner rather than later and with a positive outcome!

Those are my thoughts exactly. Get it all sorted out then you can do something about these things.

• Heart 1

On 3/24/2022 at 8:10 AM, Zealot said:

“I must about my business be

As life moves oft into the fray.

Sweet Elysian Fields I see

Who entreat me kindly;

And from here convey...” - Me

Just an update for anyone who is curious.  

From my charts:

Health Considerations:

Abnormal Immunological Findings in Serum - Positive ANA Panel w/ Positive SCL-70 Antibodies

Nerve Palsy Ulnar, Nerve Conduction Study 

Myalgia and Myositis, EMG – “Muscles are not quite normal”

Disturbance of Gait 

Disorder of Muscle Weakness (Generalized)

Left Ventricular Concentric Remodeling

Got this on Monday – “Referral to Rheumatology to evaluate and treat abnormal ANA and SCL-70 for possible Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) or other condition.”

Have Rheumatology appt April 19

Follow-up Neurology April 20.

Two more Cardiologist testing procedures April 11and May 18, then follow-up.

Sheesh!! 😯 

Doing OK. Legs had been better early in the week. Great reprieve. But the pain and control are flaring again. And my left grip leaves a fair amount to be desired.

Scleroderma had never entered the realm of my thought processes/possibility. Interesting, I do have a couple recent patches of thickened skin on my nose and cheek. And some pulmonary involvement. Stuff I mentioned to my general practitioner in passing, but never thought to mention to neurology. Figured it was just age related. And may be.

I do not envy medical practitioners. Diagnosing idiopathic, pathological maladies seems a medical minefield. So many diseases present with mimicry; so many symptoms, protean.

“It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.” - Tennyson

😊

Hope everyone is well.  Back after Lent. 

Peace

Stay safe.