Weekend plans as we come to the last weekend in March

petitepedal

Tracking says new turntable arrives tomorrow! I’m sure it will get a test drive this weekend! 
Need to build a work table for the outdoor kitchen. I turn 60 the next weekend so I want a place to hold the cooking gear and pizza oven. 
Silent Sunday at South Mountain. I think I’ll take the MTB for some extra gearing and a little bit of resistance training. 

• Heart 3

Racers always like to take something apart to make changes to go faster.  I a fit of crazy I took apart a class winning gasser car to move it over to another chassis that I believe will ultimately be a better car and which uses the same parts as my future fleet will support.  It remains to be seen if the new car will indeed be faster but as the 1st race of the season approaches I need good weather for a lot of testing.  I hope this wasn't a big mistake.  If it doesn't work out, I will have to backtrack to the original car.  If it does, the original will be sold as a turn key operation to pay some of the bills involved in the change.

Hint of the week.  Ceramic bearings are fantastic.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

I work tomorrow.  Just a half shift.  Kids are on spring break.  We may try to go find something fun to do tomorrow afternoon, weather permitting.  My smoker may come?  

Should I bring the Bourbon?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Racers always like to take something apart to make changes to go faster. 

I'm going to try to move to engine 1 to 1 1/2 inches forward in the frame and make new mounts so I can move the swing arm back 1 inch. I'm also working on a different cylinder head....looking for that last little bit of hp.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Yes sir!  Seriously!  

Won't be able to make it this weekend but Wo46 and I were talking about going to the Louisville area for a weekend of mountain biking and distillery tours. 

I will let you know when that going to happen. 

• Heart 3

Making English muffins tonight. I made the dough last night but was too tired to shape, rise, cook, and cool at 7pm. Gravel ride Saturday at 10 in Leesburg with the VeloPigs gravel group. They have three groups: business, business casual, and party pace. The first two will ride about 36, latter, about 23. This is my first ride with them so I’ll do 23. They seem to be a drinking club with a cycle problem. Post ride, I’ll visit friends and my grand baby. Make something for dinner and relax. Sunday, I’m working at the T**k store, 12-5. 

• Heart 1

We've got cooler weather on the way for several days, including rain and wind tomorrow, followed by a return to the 60's, but with rain.

I'm going to catch up on some house cleaning this weekend and visit my BiL in Johns Hopkins Hospital.  I talked to him on the phone today and he said I need to check out the 9" zig-zag scar on his back.  He's recovering very well, so far.  The pathology results on the removed tumor will take up to 2 weeks: the cancer cells may have been totally killed in it before the operation, but opening him up to take a sample could have caused the cancer to spread if it was still there, so the upper left lung lobe had to come out.

image.thumb.png.86cf35bfe258820a8c8641292f781a07.pngIMG_3027_impr_900p.thumb.jpg.1451b82e1687a6012f5fdbd6dc2fe0bb.jpg

• Heart 2

11 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Racers always like to take something apart to make changes to go faster.  I a fit of crazy I took apart a class winning gasser car to move it over to another chassis that I believe will ultimately be a better car and which uses the same parts as my future fleet will support.  It remains to be seen if the new car will indeed be faster but as the 1st race of the season approaches I need good weather for a lot of testing.  I hope this wasn't a big mistake.  If it doesn't work out, I will have to backtrack to the original car.  If it does, the original will be sold as a turn key operation to pay some of the bills involved in the change.

Hint of the week.  Ceramic bearings are fantastic.

Tested today and the brand new car is 0.14 seconds slower than the original but has had no serious testing as to gear ratios.  It's also about 30 grams heavier so there are gains to be had.  I put the back up power plant in the old car and next week if the weather gets better they will test against each other.

• Hugs 1

This morning I returned a grandoog and got a grandson in trade. His family was in Florida for Spring Break.

Saturday return the grandson. Maybe do some yard work.

Sunday we are signed up for a 6K race which we will walk briskly. It goes over the Old Chain of Rock Bridge over the Mississippi River. Should be some bald eagles there. Well worth seeing if you are ever in the St. Louis area as it was part of Route 66; has a strange bend in the middle of the bridge; and was used in filming Escape From New York.

spacer.png

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I am trying to get two of three Airedales to go faster. One just needs to stay on the durn course. 

I'm having handling issues with the sidecar also but just in right hand turns. Do you have handling issues with the Airdales in right hand turns?

The sidecar has a bad push in right turns. 

Are the Airdales having a bad push while turning right?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I'm having handling issues with the sidecar also but just in right hand turns. Do you have handling issues with the Airdales in right hand turns?

The sidecar has a bad push in right turns. 

Are the Airdales having a bad push while turning right?

It's almost like you needed ackerman steering.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

It's almost like you needed ackerman steering.

But there's only one wheel for steering. 

We need to get more weight on the front tire for right turns so I'm making new motor mounts and going to move the motor ahead. Then I'm making a new mount to move the swingarm back 1 inch. 

• Heart 2