Are you bored with yourself? Struggle with your meaning in life?

Dottleshead

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

You might have better luck if you try looking in the OKANAGAN instead of where you were looking

Don't start.  I spelled it that way and then went back and corrected it.  Now you're telling me I can't spell it?  Is this Canadian speak or what??

https://www.okanogancounty.org/

But I digress:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okanagan

You Canadians don't know how to spell.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The meaning in life is the mark you leave behind and the experiences you had doing it.  Beyond your own kids, nobody gives a crap anyways.  :)

So if I don't have kids -- and I don't -- and fortunately I know nobody gives a crap.  So I keep thinking about my wife -- as-if I'm going to be the one to croak first.  Other than that, I'm not sure who I'm leaving my mark behind to.  I do like my experiences and such.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Dottles said:

This is an inside joke that Wilbur seemed to get.  I admit --- pfffffffffffffffffffft --- right over my head.

...AKA the "gratuitous U", like in "colour", or "behaviour".  It's only annoying if you let it annoy you. I do draw the line at "cheque" for "check" though. That's just wrong.

• Haha 1

Luckily I'm not deep enough to worry too much about these things. I admire people like Aire and Petite (and the others here) who make a real difference in the lives of people  through their work.  But I'm happy if I can get though a day earning enough to support myself and trying to do what I can to help the people  (and animals) I encounter and make someone else's day a little better,

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

42 minutes ago, Kirby said:

But I'm happy if I can get though a day earning enough to support myself and trying to do what I can to help the people  (and animals) I encounter and make someone else's day a little better,

That’s about it. Thank you M. I’m glad you took time out to meet with me and my wife. 

• Hugs 2

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

Luckily I'm not deep enough to worry too much about these things. I admire people like Aire and Petite (and the others here) who make a real difference in the lives of people  through their work.  But I'm happy if I can get though a day earning enough to support myself and trying to do what I can to help the people  (and animals) I encounter and make someone else's day a little better,

...speaking of which. It would make my life better if you more regularly dished the gossip on national figure skating.  I've been following women's wrestling lately, instead. But this thing they have with bringing Ronda Rousey back as a Face, rather than a Heel, is just not working for me. :( I have followed Rowdy Ronda for years, to back when she was a legit Judo champ in the Olympics.  So my fave Ronda is her "arm bar assassin" persona.

Some good gossip from the world of figure skating might save me from women's wrestling...or not. :blush:

9 hours ago, Dottles said:

I don't know.  But if you think you have problems -- I strongly recommend reading this book.

I read it when I was in college, but not for a class. It reminded me of A Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life and The Problem of Pain. Or, as Depeche Mode sings, “…suffer well.”