Your preferred eating cycles & times

shootingstar

Suggestion that eating within good natural body cycle will foster healthy metabolism, hormones functioning right and even foster better mental health:

TRE involves restricting the eating window to a certain amount of time during the day, typically four to 12 hours. For example, choosing to eat all meals and snacks in a 10-hour window from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. reflects an overnight fasting period. Evidence suggests that this method optimizes brain function, energy metabolism and the healthy signalling of metabolic hormones.

TRE has already been shown to prevent depressive and anxiety symptoms in animal studies designed to model shift work. The antidepressant effects of TRE have also been shown in humans. Eating on a regular schedule is also beneficial to reduce the risk of health issues such as obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

During work week, I eat breakfast around 6:00 (or 5:15 am when I go back to office), then a snack of something 7:00-11:00 am and eat dinner anytime 5:00-7:00 pm.  I actually don't really have lunch and have been like this for past 25 yrs.  However if I go out for lunch with friend(s), and if it's big enough, then not much for dinner.

Clearly I'm not really following the 12 hr. cycle to get the body burning properly. But stated times, especially dinner start well before 7:00 pm seems to be healthier for me in past 3 yrs.

I can confirm I had a job which was a 1.5 hr. commute 1 way. So I didn't eat dinner until  8:00 pm...and I gained weight. It was not good to eat so late and also I didn't feel good psychologically either.

• Heart 2

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

When I am hungry.  I haven't had a normal schedule in 40 years so, that works. 

When I had a job everything was scheduled. When you started, When you ate, how much time you had to eat.

Now that I don't have a schedule I still eat around the same time every day. I have more than 8 minutes to eat lunch. 

• Heart 1

I dimly now pay attention when I have supper and earlier for me, is better. There's no exact time for last meal.

Because I had 2nd shingles shot yesterday, I went to bed around 7:30 pm, after having soup with veggie an hr. before, and woke up twice, with fever. Didn't get out of bed for breakfast until 7:30 am today.

Feels like body burned through 2 candles since am abit weak. I don't think I can go cycling.

"...choosing to eat all meals and snacks in a 10-hour window from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. reflects an overnight fasting period. Evidence suggests that this method optimizes brain function."

It sounds like a reasonable plan.  Unfortunately, most people don't have the choice of eating breakfast before 9 am!

My teaching day began around 6:30 am and we had lunch around 10:30 am.  So most of us ate brunch on weekdays.  I coached, cross county, indoor track, and softball for at least one season each year, so dinner was often after 7 pm.  For indoor track, we made an arrangement with a Pizza Hut to bring the team there AFTER they were closed for the night on Tuesdays because of the length of indoor track meets and the distance we had to travel to get back home.

I'm usually awake by 6 am and will feel hungry between 7 am and 8 am, so I eat breakfast then.

If I plan to be away from the house in the early afternoon, I'll have lunch around 11 am - so I can digest it before I go out.  Otherwise between noon and 1 pm.

Dinner is usually between 6 pm and 7 pm.

I don't snack between breakfast and dinner.  There are times when I've been very busy, grab a 12 oz can of V8 veggie juice for lunch and have dinner a little early.

• Heart 1