So Thelonius or kt or one of you other smart bastards please help me solve this problemo

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by petitepedal,

If I drink coffee outside on a cool morning like this, it gets cold too quickly.  I can put it in a covered cup, but that compromises the taste by quite a bit - in fact it just aboot kills it, amazingly enough. Smell and taste are closely linked.  I need something to help it retain heat yet let out the aroma.

Yes, you can tag this as a first world problemo. :)

Ralph...when I visited Phoenix,  UglyBob, Jaxie and a few other forum folks for Phoenix's 50th birthday (hmmmm that was October as well) Jaxie took me to San Francisco and I got a travel mug at Boudin Sourdough.  I am still using it today...It is grand...and I still get a bit of tea smell as I am drinking from it. 

Ralph...when I visited Phoenix,  UglyBob, Jaxie and a few other forum folks for Phoenix's 50th birthday (hmmmm that was October as well) Jaxie took me to San Francisco and I got a travel mug at Boudin Sourdough.  I am still using it today...It is grand...and I still get a bit of tea smell as I am drinking from it. 

TPIWWOP!

I would suggest examining the problem from a different perspective.

Instead of looking to retain the heat in the coffee, replace what is lost.  In that way the aroma is not trapped by a lid or other device, and the coffee stays hot. 

You could use an insulating wrap around your cup to decrease heat loss, but still leave the top open.

F5J0G25GU9KAJNO.SMALL.jpg

o-OREO-CUP-WARMER-570.jpg?12

il_340x270.441852792_biu4.jpg

I would suggest examining the problem from a different perspective.

Instead of looking to retain the heat in the coffee, replace what is lost.  In that way the aroma is not trapped by a lid or other device, and the coffee stays hot. 

You could use an insulating wrap around your cup to decrease heat loss, but still leave the top open.

F5J0G25GU9KAJNO.SMALL.jpg

o-OREO-CUP-WARMER-570.jpg?12

il_340x270.441852792_biu4.jpg

I have always wanted an electric warmer at work, but was afraid I'd end up burning the building down. :(  Maybe a battery-operated warmer built into a cup?  Yeah, that's it!  With an adjustable auto-shutoff.

There is this really wonderful invention. I didn't invent it myself, so I won't try to take credit for it. These things put an almost magical shape right into the side of your wall so you can see outside, but not be subjected to its temperatures and other weather issues. They really are quite a wonderful invention. They give you nearly all the benefit of being outside with none of the weather related drawbacks. I'm surprised you haven't heard of them. They're called windows. This invention, that is.

There is this really wonderful invention. I didn't invent it myself, so I won't try to take credit for it. These things put an almost magical shape right into the side of your wall so you can see outside, but not be subjected to its temperatures and other weather issues. They really are quite a wonderful invention. They give you nearly all the benefit of being outside with none of the weather related drawbacks. I'm surprised you haven't heard of them. They're called windows. This invention, that is.

Sorry! I thought you MS bastards were suing anyone who used that term for non-computer stuff. :unhappy:

• Heart 1