Is RG right?

ChrisL

10 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I like the message of Surface Pressure, but it also seems pretty tuneless to me.  I guess I'm more of a Moana frog., but even that is hard to hum.  None of these have melodies I'm likely to remember.

I swear they modeled the grandmother in Moana after my mom except she wore a mumu not a sarong. 

I really liked Moana too.  

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

Me too (except the frog part)  Nothing in Encanto that I saw could even come close to this amazingly catchy song below.  Moana is a great example of not crowding every frame with extraneous people and trying to do waaaaaaaaay too much, so everyone had to have more depth, in addition to having an actual story that made way more sense.  The songs were more explanatory and simply catchy and you didn't need a cast of thousands to distract from the fact that you are watching fluff like in Encanto (nttiawwt).

I thought Tangled was way more cohesive and catchier, too, despite it having a cast of thousands.  They wisely employed the larger cast of players in strategic spots, but allowed one on one's to take place and denote a deeper connection being built.  Plus, catchier music, like the opening song:

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Me too (except the frog part)  Nothing in Encanto that I saw could even come close to this amazingly catchy song below.  Moana is a great example of not crowding every frame with extraneous people and trying to do waaaaaaaaay too much, so everyone had to have more depth, in addition to having an actual story that made way more sense.  The songs were more explanatory and simply catchy and you didn't need a cast of thousands to distract from the fact that you are watching fluff like in Encanto (nttiawwt).

I thought Tangled was way more cohesive and catchier, too, despite it having a cast of thousands.  They wisely employed the larger cast of players in strategic spots, but allowed one on one's to take place and denote a deeper connection being built.  Plus, catchier music, like the opening song:

You realize the demographic is 4-14 right?  Pretty in depth breakdown on kids movies. 😂

The way I look at it is if the parent isn’t  put to sleep by the movie it’s a win. 

• Heart 1