So, a truckload of yard waste later,

MoseySusan

…and the beds are ready for Spring rain. Nine big bags of leaves and various clippings, a dead lavender shrub, and a chamisa that needed to be removed from nearby the end of the driveway because it blocked the view of oncoming pedestrians and traffic. I’m going to ask that we stop for boba after taking this load to the dump. 

• Heart 2

18 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

So, a truckload of yard waste later,

I am sooo glad I don't have to worry about that.   

Do you need to purchase  the 'approved' bags for yard waste?    My dad and I suppose my brother and sisters too, need to do that for the cities they live in.    

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Further said:

Yard waste goes into a pile, either the compost pile or the burn pile 

Then the compost or the ashes go on the garden 

We cannot burn yard waste in our part of town. So, we have a compost pile and we mulch the beds during winter. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

You sound like cheap help.  What's a boba?

Boba is tea with milk and little tapioca balls at the bottom of the cup. I didn’t get one. By the time the truck was loaded and the tarp attached, it was time for me to pick up second child from work. mr. went to the dump by himself. I did get a sandwich and chips, though. 

In previous city they had piles at the landfill transfer station for yard clippings, trees/branches etc. The sanitation companies had separate bins to pick up those items. For me, my yard was large enough the bin was too small for the branches my trees dropped and I mulched the grass. When I needed to take stuff out, I just filled the pickup. Sometimes multiple trips worth!

Maticopa doesn’t seem to have that system that I’ve found yet. The leaves my burr oak is dropping easily fit in the standard trash bin with the regular garbage. From what I’ve gathered, branches and trees are very popular for fire pits. No lack of takers since we are in the desert! 

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, groupw said:

In previous city they had piles at the landfill transfer station for yard clippings, trees/branches etc. The sanitation companies had separate bins to pick up those items. For me, my yard was large enough the bin was too small for the branches my trees dropped and I mulched the grass. When I needed to take stuff out, I just filled the pickup. Sometimes multiple trips worth!

Maticopa doesn’t seem to have that system that I’ve found yet. The leaves my burr oak is dropping easily fit in the standard trash bin with the regular garbage. From what I’ve gathered, branches and trees are very popular for fire pits. No lack of takers since we are in the desert! 

City yard waste collection day isn’t until first week in May, so mr. took the truckload to the dump and they have designated piles for organic material. Time for you and the missus to get on your fire pit cooking game. :) Our kids there have outdoor food prep and fire pit cooking tools. Probably because cooking heats up the house. 

2 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

City yard waste collection day isn’t until first week in May, so mr. took the truckload to the dump and they have designated piles for organic material. Time for you and the missus to get on your fire pit cooking game. :) Our kids there have outdoor food prep and fire pit cooking tools. Probably because cooking heats up the house. 

I should be completing Phase 1 of the outdoor kitchen tonight. I built the frame over the weekend. I accidentally bought 1 pair of the wrong wheels for it so I had the swap them last night at the hardware store. The rain was starting when I got home and continued through this morning. It will give me a work surface, storage for totes with outdoor kitchen supplies and a place for the pizza oven. 

• Awesome 1

7 hours ago, groupw said:

I should be completing Phase 1 of the outdoor kitchen tonight. I built the frame over the weekend. I accidentally bought 1 pair of the wrong wheels for it so I had the swap them last night at the hardware store. The rain was starting when I got home and continued through this morning. It will give me a work surface, storage for totes with outdoor kitchen supplies and a place for the pizza oven. 

@MoseySusan - Phase 1 complete 

image.jpg

• Awesome 1