Interesting day at the gym

12string

No one got slapped.  Probably because the offender was huge.

But let's start at the beginning.  Went to swim instead of bike today (time constraints).  There was a sign on the desk that the pool was closed March 26 to March 28th for maintenance.  The girl at the desk said, it's OK, today is the 28th, one guy was doing laps, nobody working.  The sign on the door to the pool was all officially looking crossed out.  So I swam.  Maintenance did not include turning the heater back on, I about had to crack ice to swim.

Sos anyways......

I went back at lunchtime to do some weights.  Now a big angry "THE POOL IS CLOSED" sign on the door to the pool.  Apparently I'm a scofflaw.

The latest style is apparently capri length sweatpants, a hoodie cropped to almost underboob, with sleeves cut to match, and hood up.  T shirt underneath.  On a guy.

Back to the offender.  There's always "workout" music on at the gym.  If you have another preference, wear earbuds.  Or go big and wear headphones.  Or go huge and bring a self contained PA system with a 12" speaker and blast bad rap.  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, 12string said:

No one got slapped.  Probably because the offender was huge.

But let's start at the beginning.  Went to swim instead of bike today (time constraints).  There was a sign on the desk that the pool was closed March 26 to March 28th for maintenance.  The girl at the desk said, it's OK, today is the 28th, one guy was doing laps, nobody working.  The sign on the door to the pool was all officially looking crossed out.  So I swam.  Maintenance did not include turning the heater back on, I about had to crack ice to swim.

Sos anyways......

I went back at lunchtime to do some weights.  Now a big angry "THE POOL IS CLOSED" sign on the door to the pool.  Apparently I'm a scofflaw.

...sometimes "maintenance" includes stuff like draining and acid washing, but that takes longer than three days. Sometimes it includes something else that screws up the Ph balance for a period of time, so they keep the thing closed until they get a couple of Ph readings in a row that are within range.  If the Ph is way off when you swim, you'll feel it in your eyes and mucous membranes.

Sometimes it's some issue that came up with water quality, and they have to hyper-chlorinate, to kill the germies.  This also screws ups the Ph.  Hard to say what's going on in yours.   You could ask if someone pooped in there.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

Maintenance did not include turning the heater back on, I about had to crack ice to swim.

When I was about 11 YO the local city pool had a program to make us safer swimmers. One of the classes was swimming in cold water. So the night before they put in large blocks of ice to cool down the pool. Well it was cold, very cold. However not all of the ice had melted and many of the partially melted blocks were clear as glass. Try swimming in that! I had a pretty good gash on my head from swimming into a block of ice and so did a lot of other kids. They finally had to pull everyone out and close the pool for the day.

• Sad 1