Beer map

Parsnip Totin Jack

A member of the gravel group I rode with last weekend made a map of all the breweries in Loudoun County (where we gravel ride). If you visit the area, refer to this map. The national gravel grinder I'm riding May 7th starts at B Chord brewing in the NW part of the county.

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=5640eafedbb54985b0dd0293a8132b51&extent=-78.5747,38.4175,-76.409,39.5829

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

I was never a brewery tour buff.

When I was 18 and wanted beer - legal at age 21, I'd go into Goldberg's Liquors, be asked for an ID card, and say I left it in my car and vanished.

The same thing happened when I was 19 and 20.

The day I turned 21, I walked into Goldberg's, put a 6 pack on the checkout counter, and the guy began to ring it up.

"Oh, no!" I screamed, "You're not going to do that before you card me!  You carded me every damn time I tried to buy beer here when I was 18, 19, and 20.  Well, I turned 21 today and you better card me now!"

So he did as the episode got the others in the store laughing.  Maybe I had a tell-tale guilty look on my face and in my mannerisms when I was underage.

• Heart 1

When I was 18, beer and wine were legal in VA. Hard liquor was 21. When I turned 21 I did the same thing, went into the state liquor store (ABC) and bought a bottle of whiskey. Aren’t you going to card me? Why, you come in every week and pick up a bottle. I said I wish I knew that before I turned 21!

I remember a few years ago reading about a bike club out west (California maybe) that planned club rides to sample local bakeries and cafe's funky and decadent desserts.  They planned the ride route (round trip) to equal the number of calories in each dessert, making it a 'zero sum' ride.

You could do the same thing with beer